Windows 10: sorry if this question is asked a lot, but can a admin account see what the other accounts...

Discus and support sorry if this question is asked a lot, but can a admin account see what the other accounts... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i tried to google but i could not find results submitted by /u/Cool_UsernamesTaken [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cool_UsernamesTaken, Jan 22, 2021.

1. sorry if this question is asked a lot, but can a admin account see what the other accounts...

/u/Cool_UsernamesTaken, Jan 22, 2021

2. Hidden Admin Account Infected - Help

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine.

The problem is this: I have been infected in my regular account before.. and running virus tools from my hidden admin account fixes them.. but I cannot do the reverse now because my regular account doesn't have access to my admin account.

I know what the virus is.. its a rouge antivirus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this rouge antivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected" LOL

Its putting a lot of adware on my system but not crippling it.. but only in the admin account.

What are your ideas?

John Phoenix, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

sorry if this question is asked a lot, but can a admin account see what the other accounts...

Admin accounts

Yes.

An admin, if they try to browse the user folder of any other user (standard or admin) will be told they don't have access, but will be offered permanent access if they wish by clicking Continue. You won't accidentally stumble across her files, but you could look for them if you were determined. Can she trust you (or can you trust yourself) not to click Continue?

sorry if this question is asked a lot, but can a admin account see what the other accounts... [​IMG]

Even signed in as an admin, most of the time you are running processes or apps as a standard user anyway. Only when you try to do something that requires admin rights will you be asked (as in the folder example above) if you want to use your admin privileges. The 'harm' would be if you click 'Yes' on a UAC prompt before taking the time to think about what it is that you'd be allowing to run.

Thema:

sorry if this question is asked a lot, but can a admin account see what the other accounts...

1. sorry if this question is asked a lot, but can a admin account see what the other accounts... - Similar Threads - sorry question asked

2. Accounts used by other apps? What can they see?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts used by other apps? What can they see?: Hmm. Use my home PC and when I log in to a work expenses app it uses single sign on to allow me to access it.Strangely I find that if I do search in bottom left it comes up as my employers name in the banner.Anyway, I click on manage accounts and I can see my work login there...
  3. Accounts used by other apps? What can they see?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accounts used by other apps? What can they see?: Hmm. Use my home PC and when I log in to a work expenses app it uses single sign on to allow me to access it.Strangely I find that if I do search in bottom left it comes up as my employers name in the banner.Anyway, I click on manage accounts and I can see my work login there...
  4. Accounts used by other apps? What can they see?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  6. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  7. Admin Account Accessing Other Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Account Accessing Other Accounts: Hi, Why is it that when I log off from my account and log into the Administrator's account, I can still access my own data. As far as I can recall, I have never given the Admin account permission to access mine. Is this normal? Matt 170394
  8. Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account: I have a Windows 10 laptop. I had not used my laptop for a month and they screen read password had expired. Since I had forgotten the password so I was not able to set a new password. I did the whole password reset process- System image recovery - utilman account...
  9. No admin account on tablet, unknown "Other user" only account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No admin account on tablet, unknown "Other user" only account: I have a Windows tablet and it was powered down during a reset. There are no administrator accounts on it and the only account is "Other user", which I can't log into because I don't know what the password is. Can't bring up command prompt or anything requiring admin...
  10. Network Discovery question, can others see me?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Discovery question, can others see me?: So i reinstalled windows this past week and i forget how i used to set it up but i used to make a folder shareable then i would connect to it using my Phone using the Solid File Explorer app as it supports SMB. I'd enter the ip of my pc along with me username and password...