Windows 10: sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera

Discus and support sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I am used Microsoft Surface labtop3, I few week ago Window hello used face logon it still work propoly. After update patch Window10, Face logon... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ThitiphongOhmapinyarn, Oct 12, 2020.

1. sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera

Hi

I am used Microsoft Surface labtop3, I few week ago Window hello used face logon it still work propoly.

After update patch Window10, Face logon it not work.

I try to remove Window hellp face and set up again . It cannot setup after key PIN and then shown "sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera".

I do it many time but not work . So how can I fix this issues.

:)

ThitiphongOhmapinyarn, Oct 12, 2020

2. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Oct 12, 2020
  3. jekiboi20 Win User
    Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/ to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera

Berton, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera

1. sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera - Similar Threads - sorry something went

2. Sorry, something went wrong - Seting up "Windows Hello"..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorry, something went wrong - Seting up "Windows Hello"..: "Something went wrong" This is the worst message you can get. At least with a blue screen, you know your need to start at the beginning....Anyhow, As I am setting up a new computer with Windows 11, I got to the facial recognition setup Windows Hello, after trying for a while...
  3. Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong": Windows 11 Pro - Fresh installation with all updates 10.0.22621 Build 22621HAL 10.0.2261.1413Gigabyte Z790 Auros Elite AX i7-12700KFNexiGo N930W Windows Hello CameraMouse Camera CM02 Windows Hello CameraWhen attempting to set up Windows Facial Recognition sign-in option, the...
  4. Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong": Windows 11 Pro - Fresh installation with all updates 10.0.22621 Build 22621HAL 10.0.2261.1413Gigabyte Z790 Auros Elite AX i7-12700KFNexiGo N930W Windows Hello CameraMouse Camera CM02 Windows Hello CameraWhen attempting to set up Windows Facial Recognition sign-in option, the...
  5. Windows Hello Camera says "Something went wrong. Could not turn on camera"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Camera says "Something went wrong. Could not turn on camera": I have verified that the camera works because it is detected by the program from the manufacturer Logitech G Hub and the camera turns on and works fine in the camera app and in third party applications....
  6. search in Chrome gets "sorry something went wrong..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    search in Chrome gets "sorry something went wrong...": Every search I do in Chrome does not do the search but issues message "sorry something went wrong at our end..." I open a new tab and the message is repeated. I've cleared browsing data, reset settings. No joy. Any suggestions? Thanks. SweetTasha....
  7. Intel Driver & Support Assistant - Sorry, something went wrong ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Driver & Support Assistant - Sorry, something went wrong ...: Latest Intel Driver & Support Assistant 20.4.17.5 - fails to scan the system and shows a red message: "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan." This started failing a few weeks ago April 2020, apparently it cannot scan Intel RST 14.8.16.1063 anymore even if it is...
  8. Window Hello Fingerprint setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.'

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window Hello Fingerprint setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.': This happens every time I want to setup my fingerprint. The driver and Windows are up-to-date. It worked fine with my previous account but I accidentally messed up the account and I deleted it and used the Administrator account until now. How do I solve the error? Thank you....
  9. Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong: Hi, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the message Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong. I TRIED UPDATING MY WINDOWS SAME ****...A DAY BEFORE IT WAS FINE. SUDDENLY YESTERDAY N NOW ****? I JUST SIMPLY TRY saving group clip arts no problem, but individual...
  10. Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue: When I try to redeem a $5 Starbucks Gift Card, it gives me the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. Please help....