Windows 10: sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine

Discus and support sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I saw that many people have the problem with "sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine" and also I have a problem too. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by naiyanut Jantepa, Mar 27, 2022.

1. sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine

Hi everyone,I saw that many people have the problem with "sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine" and also I have a problem too. I tried everything that I can find on youtube and google. but the problem still occurred. Who has the best solution can fix the problem please let me know? I need to use the engineering software in my college.

:)

naiyanut Jantepa, Mar 27, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 27, 2022
  3. Sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine.

lots of games check for virtual machines, as part of protection etc

Hardcore Games™, Mar 27, 2022
  4. sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine

Running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10.

Hello J. Villanueva,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10 in the system and getting error message: “Virtual PC 2007 SP1 does not work on this version of Windows”.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Run virtual machines on Windows 8.1 with Client Hyper-V

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Mar 27, 2022
Thema:

sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine

1. sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine - Similar Threads - sorry application cannot

2. HELP! application cannot run under a virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! application cannot run under a virtual machine: Hi everyone. Got a brand new gaming PC, installed my first game, and this message popped up when I try to run the game"Sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine."I searched online for tutorials on how to resolve the issue, tried many things and none of them...
  3. Sorry this application cannot run a virtual machine window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sorry this application cannot run a virtual machine window 10: Sorry this application cannot run a virtual machine . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorry-this-application-cannot-run-a-virtual/8864cb04-6a88-4c94-a068-6790b314cefc
  4. Sorry this application cannot run a virtual machine window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorry this application cannot run a virtual machine window 10: Sorry this application cannot run a virtual machine . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorry-this-application-cannot-run-a-virtual/8864cb04-6a88-4c94-a068-6790b314cefc
  5. Sorry this application cannot run a virtual machine window 10

6. "Sorry, This application cannot run under a Virtual Machine." - On a real Windows Workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Sorry, This application cannot run under a Virtual Machine." - On a real Windows Workstation: Hello, I have recently downloaded a new game on my PC "Dead Space 3", When I launched It today, for the first time, it gave an error, "Sorry, This application cannot run under a Virtual Machine.". While I am working on a Non-VM PC .I Need a fix man.I think this is because of...
  7. "Sorry, This application cannot run under a Virtual Machine." - On a real Windows Workstation

"Sorry, This application cannot run under a Virtual Machine." - On a real Windows Workstation: Hello, I have recently downloaded a new game on my PC "Dead Space 3", When I launched It today, for the first time, it gave an error, "Sorry, This application cannot run under a Virtual Machine.". While I am working on a Non-VM PC .I Need a fix man.I think this is because of...
  8. sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine

sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine: Hi everyone,I saw that many people have the problem with "sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine" and also I have a problem too. I tried everything that I can find on youtube and google. but the problem still occurred. Who has the best solution can fix the...
  9. sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine win 11: after i just updated to windows 11 i got this error when i open the app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorry-this-application-cannot-run-under-a-virtual/c4bc45a8-bf9f-4587-851d-803e912e0cb3
  10. sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine win 11

sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine win 11: after i just updated to windows 11 i got this error when i open the app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorry-this-application-cannot-run-under-a-virtual/c4bc45a8-bf9f-4587-851d-803e912e0cb3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sorry this application cannot run under a virtual machine vmware vmware 12 pro