Windows 10: Sorry to be annoying. Windows defender says "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes" but when...

Discus and support Sorry to be annoying. Windows defender says "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes" but when... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/merkabaa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ezuyio/sorry_to_be_annoying_windows_defender_says/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/merkabaa, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Sorry to be annoying. Windows defender says "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes" but when...

/u/merkabaa, Feb 6, 2020

2. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?

MarcMcgeachie, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

Defender found an .....exe program with threats. I think it is a Trojan32 ????

Defender say do the RECOMMENDED ACTIONS.

What are the recommended actions ??

FrankSchouten, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Sorry to be annoying. Windows defender says "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes" but when...

Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

Yes. Even the best solution is easily bypassed if the user opens the door and lets the bad guy in. Besides users not being "click-happy", it is critical to keep Windows and the security programs current.

When it comes to paid programs, Malwarebytes Premium is the only one I recommend. And the good news is (besides it being cheaper than most) is it plays well with other programs, including Windows Defender. For my less savvy clients, friends, and relatives, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium is what I recommend (along with regular reminders to not be "click-happy) and there have been no problems. For the more experienced and disciplined clients, friends and relatives, WD and Malwarebytes Free works.

Regardless the primary solution of choice, everyone should have a secondary scanner for at least periodic (at least weekly) on-demand scanning. And I generally recommend Malwarebytes for that.

If you choose to add Malwarebytes Premium (the real-time version) as a secondary solution along with Windows Defender, make sure you go into Malwarebytes > Settings > Application and scroll down to "Windows Action Center". Then ensure "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center" button is ticked. This will ensure Windows Defender does not step aside, the default action when an alternative real-time solution is installed.

-1 for Kaspersky. The product is good, but the Russian infiltrated company cannot be trusted. That's not me talking: Google it.

Bill_Bright, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Sorry to be annoying. Windows defender says "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes" but when...

1. Sorry to be annoying. Windows defender says "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes" but when... - Similar Threads - Sorry annoying defender

2. Windows defender yellow triangle warning saying Actions recommended.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender yellow triangle warning saying Actions recommended.: Lately I noticed, that I have this warning icon on my windwos defender icon. One thing, that confuses me is when I start or reset my PC is says, that everything is ok, but after some time I don't know how long it takes as I usually forget to check it. it turns to yellow...
  3. Windows defender yellow triangle warning saying Actions recommended.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender yellow triangle warning saying Actions recommended.: Lately I noticed, that I have this warning icon on my windwos defender icon. One thing, that confuses me is when I start or reset my PC is says, that everything is ok, but after some time I don't know how long it takes as I usually forget to check it. it turns to yellow...
  4. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-actions-recommended-but-no/a266784b-d45e-4246-b2c9-5f4f71d024ca
  5. "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes". But Malwarebytes isn't recommending anything?

"Actions recommended in Malwarebytes". But Malwarebytes isn't recommending anything?: I think I may have a minor virus on my computer, so I downloaded Malwarebytes and started a free trial. Malwarebytes isn't detecting the virus I am confident I have, but that's its own problem I think I can figure out on my own. Right now, I'm confused by the fact that I'm...
  6. Windows anti-virus saying actions recommended.

Windows anti-virus saying actions recommended.: Windows anti-virus saying actions recommended. But I don't know what it's talking about as security at a glance says everything is OK. [img] 118050
  7. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: hi All, Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing to worry...
  8. Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???: I have been using Windows Defender for years, and Microsoft Security Essentials before that. I haven't had any problems with either one-- but in the last day or two the Windows Defender icon in my system tray has been showing a yellow caution sign on it, and if I hover my...
  9. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

Windows Defender, Actions recommended: For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?...
  10. Windows Defender - Actions recommended, but everything is fine?

Windows Defender - Actions recommended, but everything is fine?: So I did a fresh install of the latest Insider Preview build, but it seems that defender has a couple of issues? Anyone has any idea what it might be the cause? [img] [img] 101324