Windows 10: Sorry, we couldn’t open Offline file error in Windows 10

Discus and support Sorry, we couldn’t open Offline file error in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post we look at the cause and recommended workaround, if when you try to open a file while working offline in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 12, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Sorry, we couldn’t open Offline file error in Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Sorry, we couldn’t open Offline file error in Windows 10

How can I get Office 2019 (NOT 365) to open files in offline folders when not connected to the Internet?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Is your computer connected to any Domain Network?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the offline files and clearing the cache and check if you are able to access the files if not connected to the internet.

Before trying the below steps, I suggest you to take a backup of all the files in the Offline Folder.

• Open Sync Center > Click on Manage Offline Files on the left and select
      Disable Offline Files > Restart the computer once.
    • Then, click on the Start Menu > Search for
      Command Prompt > Right-click on Command Prompt > Click on
      Run As Administrator.
    • Once the Command Prompt is up and running, type the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter.

cd c:\Windows

takeown /f csc /r /a /d y > NUL

icacls csc /grant AdministratorsSorry, we couldn’t open Offline file error in Windows 10 :(F) /t /l /q

• Then, delete the folders under C:\Windows\CSC >
      Restart the computer once > Enable Offline Files again and check if you are able to access the files.

For reference, you may also refer Can't open
    files offline when you use Offline Files and Windows Information Protection

If your computer is connected to a Domain Network and If you are still facing the same issue after trying the above troubleshooting steps, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge
    on Offline Files.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Sorry, we couldn’t open Offline file error in Windows 10

1. Sorry, we couldn’t open Offline file error in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sorry couldn’t open

2. unexpected error sorry we ran into a problem windows defender

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unexpected error sorry we ran into a problem windows defender: Please help I had a problem with my computer I noticed that when I'm on the desktop trying to right-click I get stuck there on loading so I solved it by running to delete a folder from Shellex in registry editor every time. so went to windows defender thinking that I have a...
  3. Fix We couldn’t move error 0x80073d0b on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix We couldn’t move error 0x80073d0b on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Windows Settings has a feature that allows the user to move a game to a different location if the developer permits. However, according to a lot of users, this feature ceases to work. When they try to move an app, they see the following error message. We couldn’t move...
  4. We couldn’t complete updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn’t complete updates: Hello Reddit! Sorry if this is something really obvious but I keep trying to install updates on my windows 10 pc and it never works. It just ends up saying “we couldn’t complete updates, reverting changes”. Any suggestions? I hope it’s an easy fix as I use my desktop for...
  5. Couldn’t Mount file, Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file

in Windows 10 News
    Couldn’t Mount file, Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file: [ATTACH]The transition from an older version of Windows to a newer version should be […] This article Couldn’t Mount file, Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. “We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows 10: [ATTACH] Trying to install windows 10 from windows 7, and I keep getting this error message. I'll be honest I'm not super computer savvy but if someone could explain to me in laymen's terms how to fix this I'd really appreciate it. I've included a screenshot of my disk...
  7. unexpected error sorry we ran into a problem windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unexpected error sorry we ran into a problem windows defender: I tried Registry Settings But it is not showing me those two tabs "Disableantispyware" And "Disableantivirus" I also tried to restart security center by doing This Press Windows key + R > launch Run. Type services.msc > hit Enter But i am unable to click on restart its...
  8. We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10: Hi there I have a problem with 2 of my laptops both windows 10,makes are fujitsu and acer , I tried to update it last night and got the following error message.. We could connect to the update service we'll try again later or you can check now.. I can connect to the Internet...
  9. We couldn’t install or update Windows 10 – 0xC1900101 error

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t install or update Windows 10 – 0xC1900101 error: [ATTACH] When it comes to installing or Updating Windows 10, there are tons of issues you could face. Most of the time there is an error message that the system shows to help you figure out the problem. This post will [...] This post We couldn’t install or update Windows 10...
  10. We couldn’t install Windows 10 - Error 0x8007002C–0x4000D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn’t install Windows 10 - Error 0x8007002C–0x4000D: I have been trying to update to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit via the media creating tool, using the ISO file, so far I've gotten the same error: "We couldn’t install Windows 10 - Error 0x8007002C–0x4000D. The Installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an...