Windows 10: Sort Ascending Descending

Discus and support Sort Ascending Descending in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In files explorer, what I see happening is not having any criteria that comes up that allows me to sort files and folders the way I prefer to do it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by daveeeeeeeeeeee, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Sort Ascending Descending

In files explorer, what I see happening is not having any criteria that comes up that allows me to sort files and folders the way I prefer to do it. Sometimes I also notice the ability to choose ascending or descending files is grayed out and cannot be accessed to make a choice. This does not happen all the time in folders but is very frustrating to try and figure out what is wrong or not being able to find an answer in how to change this behavior.

Thanks Dave

:)

daveeeeeeeeeeee, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Dims Win User

How to sort by date modified ascending ALWAYS in Windows?

How to force Windows to sort always by date modified and always ascending?

The situation is that often

1) Modified field is Off (not listed in Sort By menu by default)

2) Once opened More menu modified field is sometimes named Modified and some times Date modified

3) Once selected, it switched to Descending.

So, in most circumstances I need more than 10 click to do this sorting.

How to make zero?

Dims, Apr 5, 2019
  3. How to sort documents

I have copied my documents from win 7 to win 10 build 9879 and they are reversed in order.

For example zip codes is listed first, while acronis is listed last on the page. There are about 50 total
    docs. on the page. Does anyone know how to make it sort the documents alphabetically ?
    I've tried all the options that I can find and see no way to make it do that. I want it A TO Z, Not
    Z to A .. *Biggrin

**** Never mind answering, I found it... I right clicked in the docs folder and the option is there to sort
    either by ascending or descending.. Thanks anyway..

KY COLONEL, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Sort Ascending Descending

Sorting Explorer columns by multiple criteria

I also haven't seen the capability of multiple sort criteria in many versions of Windows Explorer or the later [in Win8/8.1/10] File Explorer. Each column visible can be sorted in ascending or descending order, clicking a different column changes the view strictly to that arrangement. Generally the columns are sorted alphabetically with Folders first. Compressed/zip files are usually between Folders and files except in Type where they will be at either end of the list.

Berton, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Sort Ascending Descending

1. Sort Ascending Descending - Similar Threads - Sort Ascending Descending

2. Ark Survival Ascended Exception_Access_Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark Survival Ascended Exception_Access_Violation: 1 Playing through Steam2 Verified Files Integrity3 Updated AMD Program and subsequent drivers4 Uninstalled and reinstalled5 Game is playable on ALL maps except Aberration. Crash/Error happens with NO mods enabled. 6 Verified Core Memory7 Ran troubleshooter with AMD and...
  3. Ark Survival Ascended Exception_Access_Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ark Survival Ascended Exception_Access_Violation: 1 Playing through Steam2 Verified Files Integrity3 Updated AMD Program and subsequent drivers4 Uninstalled and reinstalled5 Game is playable on ALL maps except Aberration. Crash/Error happens with NO mods enabled. 6 Verified Core Memory7 Ran troubleshooter with AMD and...
  4. How do I keep a file sorted by Date Descending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep a file sorted by Date Descending: I can manage to keep my files sorted by date ascending but I can't seem to figure out how to manage to put it on constant descending. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-keep-a-file-sorted-by-date-descending/882a77b1-edca-4c13-aca2-c6edfd97e8e5
  5. How do I keep a file sorted by Date Descending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep a file sorted by Date Descending: I can manage to keep my files sorted by date ascending but I can't seem to figure out how to manage to put it on constant descending. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-keep-a-file-sorted-by-date-descending/882a77b1-edca-4c13-aca2-c6edfd97e8e5
  6. Descenders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Descenders: It appears nobody else has this problem but me.I'll walk you through what happens as it'll be confusing if I don't, let me know if there's a fixSo I launch the game, It gets stuck at %19 and says Sorry we couldn't log you in to Xbox Live 0x80004005I Have tried Reinstalling it...
  7. Descenders Download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Descenders Download: I received the game descenders as a gift , When I try to download the game it stops at 485 mb every time. https://gyazo.com/732393e67459e95c40dfd2f9ad97ac81 ^ photo of game maxing out at 485mb , wifi is good no problems with connection. Just stops. I have legit tried...
  8. Descenders won't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Descenders won't load: When ever I load Descenders off PC It loads to 24% and stops. I've looked around and nonthing i have found helps me. I would appreciate some assistance. I use the xbox game pass...
  9. Hyper-V Manager sort-by-name-ascending constantly changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V Manager sort-by-name-ascending constantly changing: After upgrading to build 2004 of Win-10-Pro, the order of the VMs changes every other screen update. This did not happen before build 2004. I have 7 VMs, of which 2 are running. Since the sort order is constantly changing selecting a machine is troublesome....
  10. "Ascending/Descending" option in sort by grayed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Ascending/Descending" option in sort by grayed out: In any new folder I create I can't select "Ascending/Descending" in the sort by option. And there is no dot by the current selected options. "Ascending/Descending" will only show if I group the items [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where do I find ascending descending choice

2. windows 10 ascending descending grayed out

3. WINDOWS 10 FILE EXPLORER ASCENDING DESCENDING GRAYED OUT

4. windows mail sort by ascending descending