Windows 10: Sort by date added to folder

Discus and support Sort by date added to folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to sort by date added to a folder. None of the date options seem able to recognise when something was added to a folder. Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mem_123412, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Sort by date added to folder

I would like to sort by date added to a folder. None of the date options seem able to recognise when something was added to a folder. Is this possible?

This question has been asked many times - but I couldn't find an answer that was current.

:)

Mem_123412, Nov 5, 2018

2. How can I sort imported image files by date added to folder in Windows 10?

The date added, date modified, and date created options all sort my images the same way. They are all sorting the imported picture files as date taken. Is there any way to sort by date added to folder so I can remove image files that were imported to the
    wrong folder?

ronnyyoung, Nov 5, 2018
  3. 409409409 Win User
    Sort files AND folders by "Date Modified" in File Explorer

Hello,

Is there a way to sort folders and individual files by "Date Modified" together? Right now, when I sort by "Date Modified," folders are automatically put at the bottom below files, even if they have been modified more recently than a file. When I'm quickly
    scanning a list, this is very distracting. How can I fix this?

409409409, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Sort by date added to folder

sort folders and files in explorer

Hi Greg,

You can filter the folders and files in File Explorer using the Sort by option. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• What do you mean when you mentioned “files sorted by latest first”?
    • You mentioned that you were able to perform it before, which Windows version were you using that time?
    • Can you provide us a detailed description of what you would like to perform?

In the meantime, you can try the following steps:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Click the Drive where the files and folders are saved.
    • Under Current view, click Sort by.
    • Select Name if you would like to sort it alphabetically. Choose
      Date modified or Date created if you wanted to sort it by date. Refer to the image below.

Sort by date added to folder ea8092d2-1503-4ff9-b2a2-42100640d71c.png

Please take note that you can’t apply two filters at a time.

Looking forward for your response.

Kristine Arp, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Sort by date added to folder

1. Sort by date added to folder - Similar Threads - Sort date added

2. How to sort files by date added

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sort files by date added: How do i sort files by the date they were added to the folder, not the date they were created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sort-files-by-date-added/8391ea82-1e52-4b8e-b38b-b41758cf9bc5
  3. How to sort files by date added

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sort files by date added: How do i sort files by the date they were added to the folder, not the date they were created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sort-files-by-date-added/8391ea82-1e52-4b8e-b38b-b41758cf9bc5
  4. Sort folders by date in name

Sort folders by date in name: Is it possible to sort my folders by dates in their names? They're named in DDMM format, e.g. 22.10. Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sort-folders-by-date-in-name/dc463081-1a24-419e-8036-af7f70f634ca
  5. Folders sorted by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  6. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder": I'm manually copying a large number of files from one folder to another. The folder names, modified date, and creation date are all irrelevant for keeping track of where I am in the process. The only sort option that would be useful to me is "Date/Time the file was added to...
  7. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder": I'm manually copying a large number of files from one folder to another. The folder names, modified date, and creation date are all irrelevant for keeping track of where I am in the process. The only sort option that would be useful to me is "Date/Time the file was added to...
  8. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. folder stuck on sorting by date

folder stuck on sorting by date: i was trying to sort by date on my pictures folder and it worked fine, changing it to sort by name also works, and that is what i keep it on now. but when i try to upload files to the internet, internet explorer opens up and it sorts by date on my pictures folder, and only in...
  10. folder sorting by date modified

folder sorting by date modified: might seem stupid but i just got a new laptop and ran into this problem when trying to set up. one of the things i need is to sort files in the 'downloads' folder by date modified, so i can find the ones most recently downloaded at the top. However, i found this was not the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sort files by date added windows

2. nu vot

3. folder files sort by date added

4. date added to folder,
  5. date added to a folder