Windows 10: Sort by date function is not working (Windows 10)

Discus and support Sort by date function is not working (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have clicked on the "Date Created" tab in a folder in file explorer, and it still refuses to properly sort things by chronological order (either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesPolak, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Sort by date function is not working (Windows 10)

I have clicked on the "Date Created" tab in a folder in file explorer, and it still refuses to properly sort things by chronological order (either ascending or descending). It will put things out of order at random. This is super frustrating and I have no idea why this could be happening. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Sort by date function is not working (Windows 10) fffc9432-8f62-4ed8-9493-00d655e1f1c3?upload=true.png

In the photo above, you can see that "Created" is properly selected as the sort by tab, however some files are out of order (it goes 2016 then 2017 then 2016 again). This is just one of many examples Sort by date function is not working (Windows 10) :(

:)

JamesPolak, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Sort by date added to folder

Hi there, thanks for your question.

In File Explorer, all sorting options can be viewed by following these steps:

- Open the folder and right click inside of it, not on a file.

- Go to Sort by > More.

This brings up a list of all possibilities of what to sort by. It doesn't look like there's an options for "date added to folder", but one of the other Date options may help, such as Date Created. You could create a copy of the file and move it in, so that
    the date created matches the date added to the folder?

Please let me know if you need more information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Sorting mail in Windows 10

Hi Sujata,

Will you please provide step-by-step instructions based on your suggestion below? I want to stop Windows 10 mail from dividing my mail by date and simply sort by date received, latest date first.

What you suggested: "If you want to then you can sort ‘From’ option wherein, you see all mails from sender followed alphabetically. "

I have not found anything in the mail app that points to a sort From option.

Also, the link you provided has no relevance to the very clear and specific question the OP asked.

Thanks!

Clark Bohs, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Sort by date function is not working (Windows 10)

Windows 10 file explorer does not sort the songs by its release dates.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you did not find any option to sort the list of files by release date in Windows 10 Explorer. We will assist you.

I would like to inform you that this is by design that you will not be able to sort the files by release dates.
    I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Sort by date function is not working (Windows 10)

1. Sort by date function is not working (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Sort date function

2. Indexing not working when sorting by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing not working when sorting by date: So, I just moved a bunch of files from downloads to another folder. I indexed that folder, it seems to be just fine if i dont sort the files, but when I do sort them by date, it still loads. When this was in downloads and was sorted by date it did load. How do I fix this?...
  3. Indexing not working when sorting by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing not working when sorting by date: So, I just moved a bunch of files from downloads to another folder. I indexed that folder, it seems to be just fine if i dont sort the files, but when I do sort them by date, it still loads. When this was in downloads and was sorted by date it did load. How do I fix this?...
  4. Indexing not working when sorting by date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sort by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  6. sort by date

sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  7. Sorting Files by "Date" or "Date Modified" in Windows 10 Explorer Not Working Properly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting Files by "Date" or "Date Modified" in Windows 10 Explorer Not Working Properly.: The sorting method is set to 'Date' under the 'Sort By' Option. I have tried different options such as sorting by "Date created", 'Date Modified', 'Date Received', etc. I want the latest file to show up at the top. submitted by /u/SnooLobsters7431 [link] [comments]...
  8. Sort by date not working correctly

Sort by date not working correctly: i recently updated to windows 10 from 8.1 and the sort by date in the downloads folder is failing miserably, files that are downloaded are appearing in the middle of the folder or even at the last and in random locations, this is really frustrating and i tried all sort by...
  9. Sorting photos by date

Sorting photos by date: I'm scanning and adding many old photos. The Photo app sees the Date Created as the date I scanned the photos. I thought if I filed them by date in My Pictures, they would appear by that date in Photos. Do I really have to go back to each photo and change the date created?...
  10. Date Modified Sort Not Working Properly

Date Modified Sort Not Working Properly: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit about a week ago and noticed an issue where if I'm sorting a folder (specifically my Download folder) to have the most recent files at the top, new downloaded files will sometimes be put at the bottom. If I click the Date Modified...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Sort by not working win10

2. how does sort by date work windows 10

3. why would date modified sort not work on My Documents?

4. sort by date function not working