Windows 10: Sort by date not working correctly

Discus and support Sort by date not working correctly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i recently updated to windows 10 from 8.1 and the sort by date in the downloads folder is failing miserably, files that are downloaded are appearing in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LoiRequin088, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Sort by date not working correctly

i recently updated to windows 10 from 8.1 and the sort by date in the downloads folder is failing miserably, files that are downloaded are appearing in the middle of the folder or even at the last and in random locations, this is really frustrating and i tried all sort by dates options like date modified, created, completed etc.. nothing put the files in the correct order, what can i do????

:)

LoiRequin088, Apr 10, 2020

2. WP8 does not sort pictures correctly by date!

Why doesn't WP8 sort the pictures correctly by date? I modified the EXIF files but it still will place many pictures as new so that if I imported a picture in June 1st it will sort it in June as opposed to when it was created. If someone can outline a
    step by step of how to fix this I'd greatlly appreciate it Sort by date not working correctly :)

lgonzalezj, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Sort by date added to folder

Hi there, thanks for your question.

In File Explorer, all sorting options can be viewed by following these steps:

- Open the folder and right click inside of it, not on a file.

- Go to Sort by > More.

This brings up a list of all possibilities of what to sort by. It doesn't look like there's an options for "date added to folder", but one of the other Date options may help, such as Date Created. You could create a copy of the file and move it in, so that
    the date created matches the date added to the folder?

Please let me know if you need more information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Apr 10, 2020
  4. PirateBoy Win User

Sort by date not working correctly

Upcoming PC games release dates (US)

I prefer alphabetical myself as some are totally TBA I guess. Don't know, not my list. Could even be sorted into a Genre - Release Date - Alphabetical order. Then again alphabetical is easy enough. Make some suggestions to the OP.

PirateBoy, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Sort by date not working correctly

1. Sort by date not working correctly - Similar Threads - Sort date working

2. Microsoft To Do Sorting by Due Date is not chronologically correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft To Do Sorting by Due Date is not chronologically correct: - Sort by due date Not sorting accurately, tasks are just throw on 'My Day' regardless of its due dates and time - Reminders I had a task 3 minutes passed before I opened my laptop and it didn't notify me nor on my phone. Definitely there's something wrong/bug - Smart Date...
  3. Microsoft To Do Sorting by Due Date is not chronologically correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft To Do Sorting by Due Date is not chronologically correct: - Sort by due date Not sorting accurately, tasks are just throw on 'My Day' regardless of its due dates and time - Reminders I had a task 3 minutes passed before I opened my laptop and it didn't notify me nor on my phone. Definitely there's something wrong/bug - Smart Date...
  4. Indexing not working when sorting by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing not working when sorting by date: So, I just moved a bunch of files from downloads to another folder. I indexed that folder, it seems to be just fine if i dont sort the files, but when I do sort them by date, it still loads. When this was in downloads and was sorted by date it did load. How do I fix this?...
  5. Indexing not working when sorting by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing not working when sorting by date: So, I just moved a bunch of files from downloads to another folder. I indexed that folder, it seems to be just fine if i dont sort the files, but when I do sort them by date, it still loads. When this was in downloads and was sorted by date it did load. How do I fix this?...
  6. Indexing not working when sorting by date

7. sort by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  8. sort by date

sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  9. Sorting photos by date

Sorting photos by date: I'm scanning and adding many old photos. The Photo app sees the Date Created as the date I scanned the photos. I thought if I filed them by date in My Pictures, they would appear by that date in Photos. Do I really have to go back to each photo and change the date created?...
  10. Date Modified Sort Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Date Modified Sort Not Working Properly: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit about a week ago and noticed an issue where if I'm sorting a folder (specifically my Download folder) to have the most recent files at the top, new downloaded files will sometimes be put at the bottom. If I click the Date Modified...