Windows 10: Sort contact list in People app in Mail

Discus and support Sort contact list in People app in Mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to sort the contact list in People on "Last Name". Whenever I change the options for sort order and display name order, these always return to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WijnandL, Aug 13, 2021.

1. WijnandL Win User

Sort contact list in People app in Mail

I want to sort the contact list in People on "Last Name". Whenever I change the options for sort order and display name order, these always return to "First Name" and the order is not changed. I cannot find a way to make it stick.Is there somewhere a hidden setting or permission that can be changed?Regards, Wijnand

:)

WijnandL, Aug 13, 2021
  2. NMI
    NMI Win User

Only suggest people in my contact list, outlook windows 10 app

FYI:

3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Aug 13, 2021
  4. Sort contact list in People app in Mail

People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

JoeInMexico, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

Sort contact list in People app in Mail

1. Sort contact list in People app in Mail - Similar Threads - Sort contact list

2. Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?: I've been searching the knowledge base and there hasn't been much since 2017-2018 on this subject. Is it still impossible to create a contact list in Windows Mail and the People App?I was able to create a list on the web when logged into Live and accessing my contacts,...
  3. Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?: I've been searching the knowledge base and there hasn't been much since 2017-2018 on this subject. Is it still impossible to create a contact list in Windows Mail and the People App?I was able to create a list on the web when logged into Live and accessing my contacts,...
  4. mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?: Outlook People App allows the deletion of a recent contact.Mail People App does not allow the deletion of a recent contact?Choose a contact does not show the one I want to delete.I do not understand where a Recent Contact in the Mail People app resides in order to delete...
  5. mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?

mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?: Outlook People App allows the deletion of a recent contact.Mail People App does not allow the deletion of a recent contact?Choose a contact does not show the one I want to delete.I do not understand where a Recent Contact in the Mail People app resides in order to delete...
  6. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  7. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  8. contact list to people app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    contact list to people app: New computer with win 10. Set up all my email accounts in windows mail. moved contact list to new computer. How do I connect my contact list into People app so I can use them in email accounta?...
  9. People (contacts list) APP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People (contacts list) APP: Why am I unable to edit my contacts list? When I click on a name and then click edit, the app seems to freeze up and then the app just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-contacts-list-app/489e52b2-0333-47d5-a9ab-c4b2b0d36bb3
  10. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0