Windows 10: Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date?

Discus and support Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Heyo! I would like to drag songs from my computer to my phone, but some songs are still in extra folders and some are not. Is there any way to display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SonicAndTechno, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date?

Heyo! I would like to drag songs from my computer to my phone, but some songs are still in extra folders and some are not. Is there any way to display files and folders together in Win 10? Not so that the folders are at the top and the files at the bottom, but e.g. folder file folders. Thanks in advance!

:)

SonicAndTechno, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Sort by date added to folder

Hi there, thanks for your question.

In File Explorer, all sorting options can be viewed by following these steps:

- Open the folder and right click inside of it, not on a file.

- Go to Sort by > More.

This brings up a list of all possibilities of what to sort by. It doesn't look like there's an options for "date added to folder", but one of the other Date options may help, such as Date Created. You could create a copy of the file and move it in, so that
    the date created matches the date added to the folder?

Please let me know if you need more information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jun 9, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date?

sort folders and files in explorer

Hi Greg,

You can filter the folders and files in File Explorer using the Sort by option. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• What do you mean when you mentioned “files sorted by latest first”?
    • You mentioned that you were able to perform it before, which Windows version were you using that time?
    • Can you provide us a detailed description of what you would like to perform?

In the meantime, you can try the following steps:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Click the Drive where the files and folders are saved.
    • Under Current view, click Sort by.
    • Select Name if you would like to sort it alphabetically. Choose
      Date modified or Date created if you wanted to sort it by date. Refer to the image below.

Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date? ea8092d2-1503-4ff9-b2a2-42100640d71c.png

Please take note that you can’t apply two filters at a time.

Looking forward for your response.

Kristine Arp, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date?

1. Sort files and folders in Windows Explorer by date? - Similar Threads - Sort files folders

2. Sort by date added to folder in Windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort by date added to folder in Windows file explorer: I want to sort files by date added to folder to easily find a file that I have recently downloaded.NO! Date modified and date created does not solve this. The date created and modified could be 1 jan 2000, but I added it to my folder 7 april 2024. The problem is that this...
  3. Sort by date added to folder in Windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort by date added to folder in Windows file explorer: I want to sort files by date added to folder to easily find a file that I have recently downloaded.NO! Date modified and date created does not solve this. The date created and modified could be 1 jan 2000, but I added it to my folder 7 april 2024. The problem is that this...
  4. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder": I'm manually copying a large number of files from one folder to another. The folder names, modified date, and creation date are all irrelevant for keeping track of where I am in the process. The only sort option that would be useful to me is "Date/Time the file was added to...
  5. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder": I'm manually copying a large number of files from one folder to another. The folder names, modified date, and creation date are all irrelevant for keeping track of where I am in the process. The only sort option that would be useful to me is "Date/Time the file was added to...
  6. Sort files in Explorer folder view by "Date Added to This Folder"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. File Folder Sorting by date in name

File Folder Sorting by date in name: I have folders where the name starts with the date. IE: 04.14.21 Name, which is April 14, 2021. How do I sort these by Newest to Oldest date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-sorting-by-date-in-name/618a448c-717d-40bb-870b-a52badbddc56
  8. Sort files by date with folders on top

Sort files by date with folders on top: Until recently, when I used File Explorer, the folder list was always at the top! If I want to sort everything inside a folder by name ascending, it put the folders on top by name ascending then files next by name ascending. If I want to sort everything inside a folder by...
  9. File Explorer Date Sort Issue

File Explorer Date Sort Issue: Hi - I am having a File Explorer sorting issue with picture files. I click on the Created column heading to sort by Date, and it is not sorting by newest to oldest, or oldest to newest. Am I doing something wrong? When sorting by newest date, November 2018 files are shown...
  10. File Explorer sort by date not accurate

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer sort by date not accurate: To my knowledge the SORT BY DATE order goes off the last Saved Date not the Created Date but for the life of me I've been getting things showing up in the wrong order occasionally and it's started effecting a syncing program that I use. My clock is set correctly and when I go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer sort by name folders and files together