Windows 10: Sort files by recently saved--in multiple folders

Discus and support Sort files by recently saved--in multiple folders in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a folder that I share with another person, with many folders inside it. When they save their files, they will be in many different folders. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nurez1, Nov 24, 2020.

1. /u/nurez1 Win User

Sort files by recently saved--in multiple folders

I have a folder that I share with another person, with many folders inside it. When they save their files, they will be in many different folders.

How can I sort and see the most recently saved files, without seeing the containing folders?

When I sort now, all I can do is sort the top directory folders.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/nurez1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nurez1, Nov 24, 2020
  2. gvm7777 Win User

sort folders and files in explorer

In explorer and windows 7, I would see the folders at the top of the list and they would be followed by the files with the least recent file appearing at the bottom of the list. It seemed to be the default setting in windows 7.

But I can't replicate that appearance with windows 10. The following post seems relevant but doesn't provide me the answer: Possibility to sort files by multiple attributes under windows 7

TIA ... Greg

gvm7777, Nov 24, 2020
  3. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Sort files by recently saved--in multiple folders :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Sort files by recently saved--in multiple folders

Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Sort files by recently saved--in multiple folders

1. Sort files by recently saved--in multiple folders - Similar Threads - Sort files recently

2. file/folder sort order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file/folder sort order: win 10 file explorer sort order by date is always folders first.i prefer order by date, regardless of folder, shortcut or file...OR folders last, by datei think there is a date column select, then a secondary SHIFT column select... but.... i cant find it...
  3. file/folder sort order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file/folder sort order: win 10 file explorer sort order by date is always folders first.i prefer order by date, regardless of folder, shortcut or file...OR folders last, by datei think there is a date column select, then a secondary SHIFT column select... but.... i cant find it...
  4. file/folder sort order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Sort files in selected folders?

Sort files in selected folders?: Hi,I'd like to be able to sort files in highlighted folders so not globally rather than have to go into each folder separately and sort them?Is this possible with windows 10 or is there an App for this ?Example 1 Movie folderFOLDERS sorted by NAMEFILES in folders sorted by...
  6. Sorting files and folders numerically

Sorting files and folders numerically: Hi, I want to sort the files and folders numerically on my Windows 10 OS. If i give the name '01.Abc' to a .doc and '02.Edf' to a folder then the folder is showing first and the doc as second in order. Please refer the screenshot. I want '01.Abc' shown first and '02.Edf'...
  7. Sort files and folders together

Sort files and folders together: I would like to sort files and folders together (alphabetically for example). So after an extensive search, I found plenty of old threads dating from years ago about people trying to achieve the same stuff in Windows Explorer. Examples:...
  8. Sort files in selected folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort files in selected folders: Hi, i sort files by opening the folder then right click sort by name(descending) is there a way when i select several folders to sort the files in each folder by name(descending) in one click? 81188
  9. Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations: Hi guys, In File Explorer, how do you disable it from automatically saving recent locations in the dropdown? (NOT the search bar) For instance, I am typing %SCRIPTS% into the folder URL bar and its taking me to the folder location, but it saves the directory as a...
  10. Sort Files in folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort Files in folders: Win 10 won't let me move photo files in a folder. Help please*Mad 51885