Windows 10: Sort FOLDERS

Discus and support Sort FOLDERS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone !!! a very good day to U. so I wanted to sort out my files and folders, where I found out that there is no way to sort my FOLDERS(!). with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by K_Alikhani, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Sort FOLDERS

Hi everyone !!! a very good day to U.

so I wanted to sort out my files and folders, where I found out that there is no way to sort my FOLDERS(!). with files like pics or docs it was very easy.I even added tags to some of my pics so that i can sort them according to my liking. but when it came to FOLDERS(!!), the only option is to sort them by date they were created. Is there any way I can add tag or title (not rename) to my FOLDERS (!!!), so that I can arrange them how i like

:)

K_Alikhani, Apr 3, 2019

2. Favourites Folders -alphabetical sorting within each Folder

Hi Neil,

Let me provide you now the steps on how to to sort your folders in alphabetical order.

This method will allow you to arrange your favorites by alphabetical or by their numbers.

Here are the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Favorites.
    • Right-click on Favorites Bar.
    • Right-click on the Favorites folder.
    • Click on Sort by, then select Name and
      Ascending

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Sort by date added to folder

Hi there, thanks for your question.

In File Explorer, all sorting options can be viewed by following these steps:

- Open the folder and right click inside of it, not on a file.

- Go to Sort by > More.

This brings up a list of all possibilities of what to sort by. It doesn't look like there's an options for "date added to folder", but one of the other Date options may help, such as Date Created. You could create a copy of the file and move it in, so that
    the date created matches the date added to the folder?

Please let me know if you need more information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Sort FOLDERS

sort folders and files in explorer

Hi Greg,

You can filter the folders and files in File Explorer using the Sort by option. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• What do you mean when you mentioned “files sorted by latest first”?
    • You mentioned that you were able to perform it before, which Windows version were you using that time?
    • Can you provide us a detailed description of what you would like to perform?

In the meantime, you can try the following steps:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Click the Drive where the files and folders are saved.
    • Under Current view, click Sort by.
    • Select Name if you would like to sort it alphabetically. Choose
      Date modified or Date created if you wanted to sort it by date. Refer to the image below.

Sort FOLDERS ea8092d2-1503-4ff9-b2a2-42100640d71c.png

Please take note that you can’t apply two filters at a time.

Looking forward for your response.

Kristine Arp, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Sort FOLDERS

1. Sort FOLDERS - Similar Threads - Sort FOLDERS

2. Pictures in gallery folder not sorting out by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures in gallery folder not sorting out by date: Hi,On Gallery folder pictures are sort out by name, when they should be by date, and i do not have the right pane with years like in the app Photos....
  3. Pictures in gallery folder not sorting out by date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures in gallery folder not sorting out by date: Hi,On Gallery folder pictures are sort out by name, when they should be by date, and i do not have the right pane with years like in the app Photos....
  4. Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer: I have file explorer win 11. I have been downloading photos from IPhone to PC Win 11. When I do it, I save to a new folder say 2024-04-14. When open "Pictures" in File Explorer the folders are sorted by date numerically just as I would expect- but Pictures tab, at top left...
  5. Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer

Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer: I have file explorer win 11. I have been downloading photos from IPhone to PC Win 11. When I do it, I save to a new folder say 2024-04-14. When open "Pictures" in File Explorer the folders are sorted by date numerically just as I would expect- but Pictures tab, at top left...
  6. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  7. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  8. Sorting folders by date modified

9. Sort by date added to folder in Windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort by date added to folder in Windows file explorer: I want to sort files by date added to folder to easily find a file that I have recently downloaded.NO! Date modified and date created does not solve this. The date created and modified could be 1 jan 2000, but I added it to my folder 7 april 2024. The problem is that this...
  10. Sort by date added to folder in Windows file explorer

Sort by date added to folder in Windows file explorer: I want to sort files by date added to folder to easily find a file that I have recently downloaded.NO! Date modified and date created does not solve this. The date created and modified could be 1 jan 2000, but I added it to my folder 7 april 2024. The problem is that this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alphabetize folders in favorites on Windows 10 Microsoft Edge

2. how to alphabetize favorites windows 10