Windows 10: sort photos and videos into corresponding libraries / folders automatically?

Discus and support sort photos and videos into corresponding libraries / folders automatically? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have my windows machine set up as a dnla server to watch videos from my pc on my tv. problem is the photos app imports everything pictures and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by egidda, Mar 1, 2021.

1. egidda Win User

sort photos and videos into corresponding libraries / folders automatically?

i have my windows machine set up as a dnla server to watch videos from my pc on my tv. problem is the photos app imports everything pictures and videos into the pictures app, and none of them show up in the dlna server video and picture library / folder. it looks like when i choose 'videos' on the tv via the dlna interface, it displays the contents of the 'videos' folder / library on my windows machine, which is empty because windows does not store videos there. any way to automate this process?

:)

egidda, Mar 1, 2021
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Mar 1, 2021
  3. JAK0723 Win User
    Consistent Folder View and Sort Options in Libraries

Is there any way to make the subfolders within libraries to maintain a consistent view and sort options?

For example, the default pictures library has sort by 'name', 'date', 'tags', etc, but I want my pictures library to have sort options similar to the document library default, e.g. sort by 'name', 'date modified', 'type', 'size'. If I change the sort options
    in the top folder in my picture library, it only affects that folder, not the subfolders. If I wanted all the folders in my picture library to have consistent sort options, I would have to change every single folder manually. I have tried optimising the pictures
    library for documents, so that all folders have the intended sort options, but that changes the folder view to 'details', whereas I want 'large icons'. I have the same problem as before, as I would have to manually change every folder's view to 'large icons'.

I have seen other threads refer to using 'folder options' to apply a folder's view and sort options to subfolders, yet the 'apply to folders' button is greyed out in libraries. Folders located in libraries also lack a customise tab in their properties. Such
    a problem does not occur in folders under 'This PC', yet I would much rather use libraries as folders are always sorted to the top of the window, unlike in 'This PC'.

JAK0723, Mar 1, 2021
  4. RobnFran Win User

Sort Files in folders

Thank you, regretfully I must not be expressing myself clearly: Previously in W7 when I opened a Photo folder in large icon view, so that all the photos from that folder were showing, I was able to click on a photo from (for example) the bottom of the display and move it to, (for example) the top of the display or to any location in the image display, It would then stay there, not in any "sort by" protocol but just because I had randomly inserted it to the new location in that folder. I hope that I'm making things clearer. Many thanks for assistance

RobnFran, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

1. sort photos and videos into corresponding libraries / folders automatically? - Similar Threads - sort photos videos

2. Windows 11 Media Player - Sort Music by Folders unavailable but is available for video library?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player - Sort Music by Folders unavailable but is available for video library?: In the default Media Player for Windows 11 I am able to sort my videos by folder in the video library. How can I do the same for the music library? I can't find the option.Is this feature available for the music library and if it is how do I access it? If it's only available...
  3. Windows 11 Media Player - Sort Music by Folders unavailable but is available for video library?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Media Player - Sort Music by Folders unavailable but is available for video library?: In the default Media Player for Windows 11 I am able to sort my videos by folder in the video library. How can I do the same for the music library? I can't find the option.Is this feature available for the music library and if it is how do I access it? If it's only available...
  4. Videos folder/library appears twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos folder/library appears twice: The Videos folder/library appears twice in Explorer. Once in This PC, as a system folder - empty.Once in Quick Access because I set it that way as a Library, with the other folders I included.Even better, the empty Videos folder appears in the Videos library. Nothing I can to...
  5. Videos folder/library appears twice

Videos folder/library appears twice: The Videos folder/library appears twice in Explorer. Once in This PC, as a system folder - empty.Once in Quick Access because I set it that way as a Library, with the other folders I included.Even better, the empty Videos folder appears in the Videos library. Nothing I can to...
  6. Automatic sorting within a folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatic sorting within a folder on Desktop: Changing from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I've found a weird feature: the automatic sorting of subfolders within the Desktop folders is missed.While in all the other folders I can add a subfolder or change a subfolder name, and the subfolder goes automatically in the correct...
  7. Windows photo import does not sort into folders

Windows photo import does not sort into folders: My Windows 10 Home used to import photos from my Sony XQD card reader and put each import session into a folder. It used to do it by month folders appeared as 2020-01 then through 2020 it has started doing it by day folders appeared as 2020-08-03 and now recently it just...
  8. Libraries sorting always reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Libraries sorting always reset: My Libraries sorting always reset when I close that window. I try to sorting group by name and its working only in one time only. After this I closed window and open window again that sorting is gone and it was reset. Then I reformat my PC (Windows version 1803) and its...
  9. OneDrive Videos folder not shown in Videos Library in explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Videos folder not shown in Videos Library in explorer?: Hello, I have made a folder on OneDrive for videos and I want that folder to be shown in the Videos library in explorer, just like there is a OneDrive Documents and Pictures folder shown in explorer's Documents and Pictures library respectively. Going into Properties of the...
  10. Sorting photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting photos: I have just taken delivery of a new W10 pc and would appreciate advice on sorting my photos. In XP I could download a cameraful of photos and, without having to change their titles, I could click and drag them into any order, not just one dictated by Microsoft. For instance...