Windows 10: Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

Discus and support Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Files are sorted ascending by name, but shown in a weird way: 07<digit> files are below 08<letter> files though 07<letter> files are above 08<letter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Boris04, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Boris04 Win User

Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

Files are sorted ascending by name, but shown in a weird way: 07<digit> files are below 08<letter> files though 07<letter> files are above 08<letter ones>.Is it possible to sort files which names start with numbers in a real alphabetical order?Thanks,Boris

:)

Boris04, Feb 10, 2022

2. Favourites Folders -alphabetical sorting within each Folder

Hi Neil,

Let me provide you now the steps on how to to sort your folders in alphabetical order.

This method will allow you to arrange your favorites by alphabetical or by their numbers.

Here are the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Favorites.
    • Right-click on Favorites Bar.
    • Right-click on the Favorites folder.
    • Click on Sort by, then select Name and
      Ascending

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 10, 2022
  3. Sorting folders and files in file explorer Windows 10

How can I sort files in the "directory" so that folders are listed alphabetically and below the files are in descending date order. "date modified. The fix for Windows 7 is not working for me. It can sort by descending date modified which puts the folders
    at the bottom of the list or by name which puts folders at top and files below all alphabetically.

Patricia_382, Feb 10, 2022
  4. JCPWK Win User

How can I alphabetically sort the favorites list in the Windows 10 file explorer?

Hi all,

How can I alphabetically sort the favorites list in the Windows 10 file explorer?

Thanks!

Joan

JCPWK, Feb 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sorting files alphabetically

2. Can Windows 10 File Explorer sort file names alphabetically even if the first character is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Windows 10 File Explorer sort file names alphabetically even if the first character is...: Please note I'm not referring to folders, but individual files. My file names all begin with a date, then an alpha name. I want to ignore the date or the first nine characters and sort by the name or the first alpha character. Current sort shows:20230515 ABC20230615...
  3. Can Windows 10 File Explorer sort file names alphabetically even if the first character is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows 10 File Explorer sort file names alphabetically even if the first character is...: Please note I'm not referring to folders, but individual files. My file names all begin with a date, then an alpha name. I want to ignore the date or the first nine characters and sort by the name or the first alpha character. Current sort shows:20230515 ABC20230615...
  4. Can Windows 10 File Explorer sort file names alphabetically even if the first character is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10: Files are sorted ascending by name, but shown in a weird way: 07<digit> files are below 08<letter> files though 07<letter> files are above 08<letter ones>.Is it possible to sort files which names start with numbers in a real alphabetical order?Thanks,Boris...
  6. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10: Files are sorted ascending by name, but shown in a weird way: 07<digit> files are below 08<letter> files though 07<letter> files are above 08<letter ones>.Is it possible to sort files which names start with numbers in a real alphabetical order?Thanks,Boris...
  7. Windows 10 - sort folders & files Swedish alphabet

Windows 10 - sort folders & files Swedish alphabet: When I sort folders and files alphabetically all items that start with the Swedish letters å, ä and ö the last three letters in the Swedish alphabet end up sorted a either 'a' å & ä or 'o' ö. How can I change this so they are sorted correctly? I assume the same problem...
  8. How to sort folders and files together by name alphabetical or other metric

How to sort folders and files together by name alphabetical or other metric: I would like to sort files and folders together. I have a collection of movies ripped from my DVD collection and some are in folders with extra files like subtitles or extras and some are simply mkv files. I would like to sort them all alphabetically. IE: A.file...
  9. Alphabetical File Sorting Issue??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alphabetical File Sorting Issue??: [ATTACH] I have my game shortcuts all in one folder, and when it comes to games with sequels or expansions, the sequels are always listed before the original. I would imagine that in the case of Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite, they would be in that order. But...
  10. Windows 10 - sort folders & files Swedish alphabet

Windows 10 - sort folders & files Swedish alphabet: When I sort folders and files alphabetically all items that start with the Swedish letters å, ä and ö (the last three letters in the Swedish alphabet) end up sorted a either 'a' (å & ä) or 'o' (ö). How can I change this so they are sorted correctly?...