Windows 10: Sorting files and folders numerically

Discus and support Sorting files and folders numerically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I want to sort the files and folders numerically on my Windows 10 OS. If i give the name '01.Abc' to a .doc and '02.Edf' to a folder then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Surya Dilip I, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Sorting files and folders numerically

Hi, I want to sort the files and folders numerically on my Windows 10 OS. If i give the name '01.Abc' to a .doc and '02.Edf' to a folder then the folder is showing first and the doc as second in order. Please refer the screenshot. I want '01.Abc' shown first and '02.Edf' shown as second in order. Please help.

Sorting files and folders numerically 5a833b6b-b1af-47fc-b989-efc286b447e9?upload=true.jpg

:)

Surya Dilip I, Dec 31, 2019

2. sort files numerically withi a folder

Hi there...search as I may, I am unable to find solution to not being able to sort files numerically within a folder. I place the files (PDF) in folder for storage from an accounting software. I would like them to be sorted numerically, they end up in the
    column in disorder. Have gone to "view", sort by, and see no numerical tab. How do I have files sorted numerically, automatically, as they are placed in the folder?

Thanks Scott...

dunrite101, Dec 31, 2019
  3. sort files numerically withi a folder

Hi folks,

I am unable to sort numerically within Outlook folders (and subfolders). Accessing the alpha sort only works for single digits (ie 1-9). It is unable to sort through double digits and beyond so it reads 10, 11, 12 as 1.

Any workarounds?

Cynthia

Cynthia413, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Sorting files and folders numerically

sort folders and files in explorer

Hi Greg,

You can filter the folders and files in File Explorer using the Sort by option. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• What do you mean when you mentioned “files sorted by latest first”?
    • You mentioned that you were able to perform it before, which Windows version were you using that time?
    • Can you provide us a detailed description of what you would like to perform?

In the meantime, you can try the following steps:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Click the Drive where the files and folders are saved.
    • Under Current view, click Sort by.
    • Select Name if you would like to sort it alphabetically. Choose
      Date modified or Date created if you wanted to sort it by date. Refer to the image below.

Sorting files and folders numerically ea8092d2-1503-4ff9-b2a2-42100640d71c.png

Please take note that you can’t apply two filters at a time.

Looking forward for your response.

Kristine Arp, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Sorting files and folders numerically

1. Sorting files and folders numerically - Similar Threads - Sorting files folders

2. How can I sort folders by Roman numerals?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I sort folders by Roman numerals?: I am revising a book, whose sections and chapters are listed by Roman numerals. So I want to sort the relevant folders and files using in the order of the chapters designated by Roman numerals. In Excel, one can create an ordered list of sort order. Why not File Explorer?A...
  3. How can I sort folders by Roman numerals?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I sort folders by Roman numerals?: I am revising a book, whose sections and chapters are listed by Roman numerals. So I want to sort the relevant folders and files using in the order of the chapters designated by Roman numerals. In Excel, one can create an ordered list of sort order. Why not File Explorer?A...
  4. How can I sort folders by Roman numerals?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Numerical sorting is not a standard Windows setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numerical sorting is not a standard Windows setting: It blows my mind that enablement/disabling of numerical sorting requires registry modifications or local group policy editing:https://winaero.com/disable-numerical-sorting-windows-10/In many places, non-administrator accounts cannot do either of these....
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer Numerical Sorting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 File Explorer Numerical Sorting: Windows 10 Pro - Version 1903 Numerical sorting is turned on in group policy editor. Files are not sorting correctly. Decimal numbers are listed after whole numbers. Folders are sorting correctly. Number lists in Microsoft Office 2013 Word & Excel sort correctly. What could...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer Numerical Sorting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Numerical Sorting: Windows 10 Pro - Version 1903 Numerical sorting is turned on in group policy editor. Files are not sorting correctly. Decimal numbers are listed after whole numbers. Folders are sorting correctly. Number lists in Microsoft Office 2013 Word & Excel sort correctly. What could...
  8. How to enable or disable Numerical Sorting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Numerical Sorting in File Explorer: [ATTACH] The Windows File Explorer is the near-perfect example of how a File Management software should be. I know many people are demanding for a UWP or Universal Windows Platform version of the same, but actually, the Windows Classic app for [...] This post How to enable...
  9. Numerical Sorting in File Explorer - Change the Collating Sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    Numerical Sorting in File Explorer - Change the Collating Sequence: I was checking out the collating sequence on Windows 7 for a friend and found this post on SevenForums: Numerical Sorting in Windows Explorer - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums Curious, I decided to give it a go on W10 even though this computer did not have the...
  10. Sort Files in folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort Files in folders: Win 10 won't let me move photo files in a folder. Help please*Mad 51885

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file numerically

2. sorting files in folder numerically