Windows 10: Sorting files inside sub folders

Discus and support Sorting files inside sub folders in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a bunch of pdf's in 29 folders. And I need them to stay in those folders but I also need to see all the files inside these folders sorted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spunc1, Mar 10, 2020.

1. /u/spunc1 Win User

Sorting files inside sub folders

I have a bunch of pdf's in 29 folders. And I need them to stay in those folders but I also need to see all the files inside these folders sorted by date added/modified. Is this possible?

Almost as if I could search "pdf:date modified" in the folder containing all 29 sub folders.

submitted by /u/spunc1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spunc1, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Jimmery Win User

Listing number of files inside a large collection of sub folders

I have a single folder with over 2000 subfolders inside.

Each subfolder has a collection of different files inside.

How can I list the number of files inside each subfolder?

Ideally something like this:

Outputting the results as a CSV file would be preferable, but I am open to any solutions that don't require downloading additional software.

I have already got DU from SysInternals, does this help?

Jimmery, Mar 10, 2020
  3. asdhgdfds Win User
    Sorting folders by the last files inside it

I recently dragged and dropped from an external hard drive and now my pictures folders are all randomized.

The picture files itself still retained its date modified but the folder holding it is sorted by date created(which is all of them at the same time) . Can i sort the folders using the latest file in the folders' date?

It's hard to find what i last saved. Before i screwed myself,i sorted it with ''Date Last Saved''.

And for future reference, how do i copy a folder+its sub-folders without changing these data(exact copy,order and everything).

asdhgdfds, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Sorting files inside sub folders

sub folders

Hi Paulette,

You can move the sub-folder by dragging the sub-folder from the other Picture Folder up to the main Picture Folder. However, the sub-folder will remain as a sub-folder.

If you want to make the sub-folder as a stand alone folder, we suggest that you create a new folder on your desired location, then move over the files from the sub-folder to the new folder that you created.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Sorting files inside sub folders

1. Sorting files inside sub folders - Similar Threads - Sorting files inside

2. Duplicate Files In Sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Files In Sub-folders: Hi Experts, I have a folder with many sub folders, in every sub folder there are many files .jpg , .PDF etc.. I need to duplicate these files in same sub folders on one click. may anybody help me to resolve this problem. I shell be thankful to you experts.Thanks Regard,Faisal...
  3. Sort folders by name, but files inside by date?

Sort folders by name, but files inside by date?: Hi, I've recently ran into a conundrum that I can't find a solution to. I am trying to organise my collection of photographs. Since a lot of photos only have a random set of letters and numbers for a name such as IMG_78953, it makes sense to order them in their folders by the...
  4. Sort folders by name, but files inside by date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort folders by name, but files inside by date?: Hi, I've recently ran into a conundrum that I can't find a solution to. I am trying to organise my collection of photographs. Since a lot of photos only have a random set of letters and numbers for a name such as IMG_78953, it makes sense to order them in their folders by the...
  5. Sort folders by name, but files inside by date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Moving files to a sub-folder

Moving files to a sub-folder: When I try to move a file from a folder to a sub-folder, it puts the file in the sub-folder, but remains in the original folder also. I've gone to Windows Explorer > View > Options > View > Folders > and reset the folder options to default but that does nothing. This must...
  7. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  8. Sort parent folders based on sub folder date modified order

Sort parent folders based on sub folder date modified order: When selecting Onedrive local storage to sort by date modified, it seems Windows take in to consideration only the immediate layer. 0th layer I guess. how to trigger parent folder modified date when the modification happens higher levels where layer is greater than 0....
  9. Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa

in Windows 10 Support
    Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa: So this has been bugging me ever since Windows 10 rolled out in our country. If I recall correctly, in windows 7, folder sorting could be independent. If I sorted a sub folder for date modified and the main folder was originally sorted for name, the sorting of the sub folder...
  10. Sort Files in folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort Files in folders: Win 10 won't let me move photo files in a folder. Help please*Mad 51885