Windows 10: Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer

Discus and support Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I usually have both .jpg and .nef files on my SD cards when reading them into the pc. In win8, I could setup the folder to be sorted by file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lapino, Aug 12, 2015.

1. lapino Win User

Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer

Hi,

I usually have both .jpg and .nef files on my SD cards when reading them into the pc. In win8, I could setup the folder to be sorted by file type, and then browse the .jpg files to check focus/colors. Now, when I group the folder into .jpg and .nef files and check the files using Windows Photo Viewer (not the Photos app), it seems the viewer is not taking into account the sorting I choose and just shows jpg then nex then jpg etc.

Any way to solve this?

Also, in the past when I checked the properties of a files and clicked on the 'detail' tab, the next time I checked the properties of a file, it automatically went to the 'detail' tab again. Now it always seems to go back to the first tab of the properties (annoying.

:)

lapino, Aug 12, 2015
  2. HaPe---01 Win User

sort photos N8

the photo viewer is a pain. It can not be limited to the directory where the camera is putting the folders. the viewer is mixing all together: photos, videos, files from podcatcher, cover art from the music folder, pictures from application directories.....

It takes all graphic files from any locations. It is unusable if you use several programs and several kinds of multimedia.

It is not a photo viewer, it is a viewer for all things that looks like a graphic and video file. A pain.

HaPe---01, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Windows Photo Viewer sort order issue

Original title: Windows Photo Viewer Error

Okay so whenever i open a pic in the "windows photo viewer" and try to browse through my folder using the next button or using arrows the pictures come arranged in order of there name.... even though the folder setting is adjusted to "sort by date" .

it was working fine on win 8 but seriously this is annoying now because i have to close a pic and then open the next one to see my files in order -.- is there any way to correct this or something other than going through the trouble of renaming them all?

thanks !

SharjeelMahmood, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer

1. Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer - Similar Threads - Sorting issues Photo

2. Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue: I use the photo viewer and editor app in Windows 10. I often edit a photo and use the "save as" feature to create a new photo while saving the original. On one of my computers, when I use this feature after I crop, a new version is created automatically with a 2 addition to...
  3. Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue: I use the photo viewer and editor app in Windows 10. I often edit a photo and use the "save as" feature to create a new photo while saving the original. On one of my computers, when I use this feature after I crop, a new version is created automatically with a 2 addition to...
  4. Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issue with Windows Photo Viewer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Windows Photo Viewer?: Hey! So I've been using Windows Photo Viewer for my job for years now to view and print TIFF files. Out of nowhere today, suddenly printing from Windows Photo Viewer only prints part of a document (either just the left side, sometime the right side, sometimes both). I know...
  6. Photo Viewer Cycling Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer Cycling Issue: in windows 10 when I using photo viewer, showing pictures are fine but when I reach the last photo, it's not getting back to the first picture and stuck at last one. there is no such an option to change it....
  7. Windows Photo Viewer; sorting order not the same as view order

Windows Photo Viewer; sorting order not the same as view order: The Windows Photo Viewer will not display photos in the order they are sorted by Windows Explorer. This is not referring to the slide show feature, just the forward and back arrows. The only order pictures can be viewed is by name despite Windows Explorer being set at view...
  8. Windows photo viewer, animate gifs plugin or xp sort issues on 10

Windows photo viewer, animate gifs plugin or xp sort issues on 10: I've been through various forums and haven't found what I'm looking for save for 'download infranware' or whatever it's called. Long of the short. I want to be able to use the xp 'windows picture and fax viewer' to scroll through images in the order they're in, in my...
  9. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order: I store both RAW (CR2) and JPG versions of all my photos, with each folder sorted by type. Before Windows 10 this allowed me to view all the JPGs without the CR2 (which take longer to load). The new version insists that I view both! How do I restore the original...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer ignoring my folder sort options

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Photo Viewer ignoring my folder sort options: I like to sort some of my folders by date and for some reason I can't understand, when I open an image with WPV, it gets sorted by name instead of date (the folder remains the same, it's just the WPV that screws everything). If I wanted to see whatever I have inside the...