Windows 10: Sorting photos backed up to a flash/thumb drive in Windows 10

Discus and support Sorting photos backed up to a flash/thumb drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why can't I sort pictures backed up on a flash/thumb drive by date taken (it only allows date created which is not the same) using Windows 10 file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stephen G-F, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Sorting photos backed up to a flash/thumb drive in Windows 10

Why can't I sort pictures backed up on a flash/thumb drive by date taken (it only allows date created which is not the same) using Windows 10 file explorer sort function? I can sort them when on the traditional hard drive (HDD) and or SSD on the compute but once backed up to a flash/thumb drive I don't get the date taken option. If I have backed up to a separate/portable HDD/SSD the sort function does work. I want to be able to sort them by the original date taken on the flash/thumb drive not by the date they were backed up to that drive.

:)

Stephen G-F, Jan 21, 2019

2. How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to sort your pictures in the way you want them. Kindly take note that the only options to sort your photos in Photo Gallery are the following:

• Date taken
    • Date modified
    • File size
    • Image size
    • Rating
    • Caption
    • File name
    Also I suggest follow the below steps.

Press ALT + W + K, one after other & check if the photos are shown in the order they were taken.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 21, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Transfer a file to a thumb drive

Hi Michael,

Connect the USB Thumb drive

Right click the file you want to transfer and click 'Send to' - flash drive (that drive should be bottom of he 'Send to' list . . .

DaveM121, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Sorting photos backed up to a flash/thumb drive in Windows 10

How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Thanks for your response, but that doesn't seem to do anything in the Photos app I am running under Windows 10.

You mentioned Photo Gallery so I think you may be talking about a different application than the one I am using..

John

JohnFig_48, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Sorting photos backed up to a flash/thumb drive in Windows 10

1. Sorting photos backed up to a flash/thumb drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sorting photos backed

2. sorting photos in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sorting photos in windows 10: can I sort and move photos inside a folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorting-photos-in-windows-10/e731bd12-0a70-430d-888a-6ae705a67039
  3. Back up to USB Flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up to USB Flash drive: When backing up my laptop I use the Windows 7 back up procedure in control panel to create a system image to a usb hard drive. I recently advised my mate that he should do the same with his laptop so he purchased a 256gb USB flash drive. When we attempt to do the back up of...
  4. Windows 10: USB storage drives flash drives or thumb drives only recognized if inserted...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10: USB storage drives flash drives or thumb drives only recognized if inserted...: Issue: any storage devices that are not powered external hard drives, thumb drives, etc aren't recognized by Windows 10 unless I do a restart with them inserted. After that, they appear to work, but I'd prefer not restarting every time I need to open a drive. Some things I've...
  5. backing up to a thumb drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backing up to a thumb drive: i asked some time back about doing backup and some gave me different ways to do this. i picked karan's backup and i did a dozen or so backups testing that program. then i got a 2tb thumb drive off ebay and last night i formatted it and ran that backup sith that program and it...
  6. Backing up files to a USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up files to a USB flash drive: Hi I am wondering if there is a specific program that can walk me through backing up info from my computer either to a usb drive or to burn to disc? when i try to backup to a usb thumb drive or whatever you call it. it asks me to save or import to dropbox. i prefer a program...
  7. How do I back-up windows 10 on a flash drive..?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I back-up windows 10 on a flash drive..?: How do I backup windows 10 to a flash drive...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-back-up-windows-10-on-a-flash-drive/c275f22f-a058-4fe2-af43-bd5978e01b7b
  8. Backing up Windows 10 on Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up Windows 10 on Flash Drive: I am trying to back up Windows 10 on my 32g flash drive, but I keep getting the error 'The drive is not a valid backup location' when I am creating a system image Can anyone help me? Thanks...
  9. transferring photos to a flash drive with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring photos to a flash drive with Windows 10: Windows 10 may be ok in many respects, transferring photos to a flash drive is not. Nevertheless, after an hour or so of trial and error, and receiving incorrect information from the help center, I did discover a method that will enable the transfer to be made using this...
  10. USB thumb flash drives are "write protected"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB thumb flash drives are "write protected": Bought 4 PNY 16GB USB thumb drives and every time I try to format them, the computer kicks back that they are write protected. Have tried ALL the solutions listed and explained in the 10 forums here, and nothing works to disable the write protection on my machine. Tried...