Windows 10: Sorting photos by date

Discus and support Sorting photos by date in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm scanning and adding many old photos. The Photo app sees the Date Created as the date I scanned the photos. I thought if I filed them by date in My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WilliamAndersen, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Sorting photos by date

I'm scanning and adding many old photos. The Photo app sees the Date Created as the date I scanned the photos.

I thought if I filed them by date in My Pictures, they would appear by that date in Photos.

Do I really have to go back to each photo and change the date created?

Is there a way to change the date created for a group of photos, instead of individually?

Bill

:)

WilliamAndersen, Feb 11, 2019

2. How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to sort your pictures in the way you want them. Kindly take note that the only options to sort your photos in Photo Gallery are the following:

• Date taken
    • Date modified
    • File size
    • Image size
    • Rating
    • Caption
    • File name
    Also I suggest follow the below steps.

Press ALT + W + K, one after other & check if the photos are shown in the order they were taken.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 11, 2019
  3. How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Thanks for your response, but that doesn't seem to do anything in the Photos app I am running under Windows 10.

You mentioned Photo Gallery so I think you may be talking about a different application than the one I am using..

John

JohnFig_48, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Sorting photos by date

Photos not sorting by the correct date

The automatic sorting uses its own process to sort the photos. If they are putting all photos in an 'older photos' category, there is not much you could possibly do about it, unfortunately Sorting photos by date :(

However, there are other apps that will help you show the photos in the right order. For instance, the nokia story teller app is one such thing. However, after they are transferred to your PC, you are left with manual sorting.

There are some photo applications on PC that can do the sorting for you, although, I do not have any particular names to suggest.

Jay_answers, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Sorting photos by date

1. Sorting photos by date - Similar Threads - Sorting photos date

2. is there a way to default file explore to sorting by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is there a way to default file explore to sorting by date: When I download a file and go to email I would like the files to be organized by date (todays date) is that possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-default-file-explore-to-sorting/10b9d017-9323-44df-8fcb-6d5d1e49da16"
  3. File Explorer Date Sort Issue

File Explorer Date Sort Issue: Hi - I am having a File Explorer sorting issue with picture files. I click on the Created column heading to sort by Date, and it is not sorting by newest to oldest, or oldest to newest. Am I doing something wrong? When sorting by newest date, November 2018 files are shown...
  4. Date Modified Sort Not Working Properly

Date Modified Sort Not Working Properly: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit about a week ago and noticed an issue where if I'm sorting a folder (specifically my Download folder) to have the most recent files at the top, new downloaded files will sometimes be put at the bottom. If I click the Date Modified...
  5. Sort by date added to folder

Sort by date added to folder: I would like to sort by date added to a folder. None of the date options seem able to recognise when something was added to a folder. Is this possible? This question has been asked many times - but I couldn't find an answer that was current....
  6. File Explorer sort by date not accurate

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer sort by date not accurate: To my knowledge the SORT BY DATE order goes off the last Saved Date not the Created Date but for the life of me I've been getting things showing up in the wrong order occasionally and it's started effecting a syncing program that I use. My clock is set correctly and when I go...
  7. Sorting photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting photos: I have just taken delivery of a new W10 pc and would appreciate advice on sorting my photos. In XP I could download a cameraful of photos and, without having to change their titles, I could click and drag them into any order, not just one dictated by Microsoft. For instance...
  8. Sort deleted emails by delete date

in Browsers and Email
    Sort deleted emails by delete date: When you delete an email, it goes to the deleted email file and is sorted by the original date received. Is there a way to sort the deleted emails by the date they were deleted? Thanks Debby Durden 57340
  9. Slow Folder Loading when sorting by Date

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Folder Loading when sorting by Date: I am a photographer and needless to say have thousands of photos on my computer. However, I've noticed since upgrading to Windows 10 that a folder with only 5 jpeg's can take 10 seconds to load (with the green process bar) if I sort by date. Seems to be fine with file name...
  10. File explorer sort reverts to "date modified"

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer sort reverts to "date modified": Every disk and/ or folder when I tick sort by name-ascending the damn thing reverts to date modified-descending if I leave said disk or folder and return. I tried "Enable_Auto_Arrange_in_File_Explorer.bat" and "Reset_Folder_View_Settings_of_All_Folders_to_Default.bat"...