Windows 10: Sorting photos by date

Discus and support Sorting photos by date in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm scanning and adding many old photos. The Photo app sees the Date Created as the date I scanned the photos. I thought if I filed them by date in My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WilliamAndersen, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Sorting photos by date

I'm scanning and adding many old photos. The Photo app sees the Date Created as the date I scanned the photos.

I thought if I filed them by date in My Pictures, they would appear by that date in Photos.

Do I really have to go back to each photo and change the date created?

Is there a way to change the date created for a group of photos, instead of individually?

Bill

:)

WilliamAndersen, Feb 11, 2019

2. How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to sort your pictures in the way you want them. Kindly take note that the only options to sort your photos in Photo Gallery are the following:

• Date taken
    • Date modified
    • File size
    • Image size
    • Rating
    • Caption
    • File name
    Also I suggest follow the below steps.

Press ALT + W + K, one after other & check if the photos are shown in the order they were taken.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 11, 2019
  3. How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Thanks for your response, but that doesn't seem to do anything in the Photos app I am running under Windows 10.

You mentioned Photo Gallery so I think you may be talking about a different application than the one I am using..

John

JohnFig_48, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Sorting photos by date

Photos not sorting by the correct date

The automatic sorting uses its own process to sort the photos. If they are putting all photos in an 'older photos' category, there is not much you could possibly do about it, unfortunately Sorting photos by date :(

However, there are other apps that will help you show the photos in the right order. For instance, the nokia story teller app is one such thing. However, after they are transferred to your PC, you are left with manual sorting.

There are some photo applications on PC that can do the sorting for you, although, I do not have any particular names to suggest.

Jay_answers, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Sorting photos by date

1. Sorting photos by date - Similar Threads - Sorting photos date

2. Sorting photos by date in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting photos by date in Windows 11: PLease can you explain how to sort photos by date taken when importing from an iPhone into WIndows 11? THis used to be very easy in Windows 10 but WIndows 11 doesnt seem to sort them by date. Thank you...
  3. Sorting photos by date in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorting photos by date in Windows 11: PLease can you explain how to sort photos by date taken when importing from an iPhone into WIndows 11? THis used to be very easy in Windows 10 but WIndows 11 doesnt seem to sort them by date. Thank you...
  4. Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date: I recently added a large batch of photos to my PC that were previously in Google Photos.I like to use the Microsoft Photos app to view my photos by date, but the added photos are all showing up under the date that I added them Oct 22, rather than by date taken January 2019...
  5. Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date

Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date: I recently added a large batch of photos to my PC that were previously in Google Photos.I like to use the Microsoft Photos app to view my photos by date, but the added photos are all showing up under the date that I added them Oct 22, rather than by date taken January 2019...
  6. Windows 11 Photos App will not sort by Date Taken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos App will not sort by Date Taken.: I purchased PC with Windows 11 April 2022. When photos transferred from W10 they were organized by Date Taken which is what I have preferred for many years. When the automatic upgrade occured in Oct 2022 ALL of my photos are unorganized. Even if I click on option to sort by...
  7. sort by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  8. sort by date

sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  9. Sorting Photos by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorting Photos by date: After the latest update to Photos, the option to import the photos by date isnt available any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorting-photos-by-date/99a856b7-40a0-48ed-be3b-98b2986d869c
  10. File Explorer fails to sort photos in creation date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer fails to sort photos in creation date: I am compiling an album of vacation photos and need to sort them by creation date as there may be some filename changes and photoediting involved. The files are sourced from a camera SD card and two samsung smartphones. The sort by creation date appears to sort the files in...