Windows 10: sorting photos in windows 10

Discus and support sorting photos in windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; can I sort and move photos inside a folder?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MJVerduyn, Apr 15, 2021.

1. MJVerduyn Win User

sorting photos in windows 10

can I sort and move photos inside a folder?

:)

MJVerduyn, Apr 15, 2021

2. How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to sort your pictures in the way you want them. Kindly take note that the only options to sort your photos in Photo Gallery are the following:

• Date taken
    • Date modified
    • File size
    • Image size
    • Rating
    • Caption
    • File name
    Also I suggest follow the below steps.

Press ALT + W + K, one after other & check if the photos are shown in the order they were taken.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 15, 2021
  3. How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Thanks for your response, but that doesn't seem to do anything in the Photos app I am running under Windows 10.

You mentioned Photo Gallery so I think you may be talking about a different application than the one I am using..

John

JohnFig_48, Apr 15, 2021
  4. sorting photos in windows 10

Sort Photo Gallery photos alphabetically

Hi Leslie,

Below are the steps on how you can sort your photos alphabetically in
    Photo Gallery
    :

1. Press Alt+V on your keyboard.

2. Under Arrange list, click on Name.

Additionally, you can also check the steps provided by Christian_Co on
    November 17, 2012 on this
    Link
    for other sorting options:

Cheers.

Freddrick Pal, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

sorting photos in windows 10

1. sorting photos in windows 10 - Similar Threads - sorting photos

2. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  3. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  4. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  5. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  6. Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?: In Google photos, I tagged everyone's faces so if I need to find photos of a particular person, i just need to type their name and all their photos show up. In OneDrive, I need to scroll, and scroll to sift through all my photos to find someone or something. This goes for the...
  7. Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?

Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?: In Google photos, I tagged everyone's faces so if I need to find photos of a particular person, i just need to type their name and all their photos show up. In OneDrive, I need to scroll, and scroll to sift through all my photos to find someone or something. This goes for the...
  8. How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?: How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?Now when I double-click some .jpg-file in Windows 11 Explorer, It opens the photo in Windows Photos App. The problem or issue is when I click the arrow to see the previous or next photo, the...
  9. How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?

How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?: How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?Now when I double-click some .jpg-file in Windows 11 Explorer, It opens the photo in Windows Photos App. The problem or issue is when I click the arrow to see the previous or next photo, the...
  10. How do I sort videos within Microsoft Photos Windows 10/11 by date taken?

How do I sort videos within Microsoft Photos Windows 10/11 by date taken?: I uploaded several hundred photos last year and a few videos to Microsoft Photos. Recently I noticed that the videos were all sorted to the date I uploaded them, however, the photos were all in order of date taken. I made sure to sort the photos by date taken and checked the...