Windows 10: Sorting Photos into my own albums

Discus and support Sorting Photos into my own albums in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have loads of folders containing photos going back five years and I want to sort them into my own albums. I managed to make my own albums and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Buzyizzy, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Buzyizzy Win User

Sorting Photos into my own albums

Hi

I have loads of folders containing photos going back five years and I want to sort them into my own albums.

I managed to make my own albums and was merrily adding photos to them, when they suddenly disappeared.

I now don't seem to be able to save any photos to my albums.

What am I doing wrong?

:)

Buzyizzy, Jan 28, 2019

2. Photos, albums, sorting photos

In Windows 8.1, I carefully sorted my photos into albums. Upgrading to Windows 10 seems to have resorted the photos....what a mess! How do I get them back into the correct albums?

EricAuerbach, Jan 28, 2019
  3. sort photos N8

How do I sort my photos into a sequence that I want? I opened the photos listing, added some photos to a new album and deleted the original photos as you would do on a computer (or so I thought) but the result was that all the photos I marked were totally
    deleted.

I just need to sort my photos and move them to an album if this can be done or do I wind up with a thousand photos to sort through in the one place?

citroen---01, Jan 28, 2019
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

How to sort folders of music by Album Name

To sort by Album name, you need Sort By > Album in the right click context menu. But it is not there.

Add it there.
    Step 1: Right Click > Sort by > More ....
    Sorting Photos into my own albums [​IMG]
    In the Choose Details dialog, check the album box, click OK.
    Now Sort By > Album is rightly there.

Now, to add the Album column, you need to edit the music tags. I use MP3Tag in order to do this.

Thema:

1. Sorting Photos into my own albums - Similar Threads - Sorting Photos own

2. Photo albums gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo albums gone: Most of my albums have disappeared from my computer. If I go to Onedrive.com they are there. How can I get them back on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-albums-gone/3f6cf753-488b-438a-9a97-36d75cdd1c07"
  3. photo albums

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo albums: I set up an album using windows 10 but when i display the album it only shows selected photos.how do you change the storyboard to include all the photos chosen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-albums/7526ae66-5392-44b0-9ef7-c45d5a44fc34
  4. MS Photos Albums

MS Photos Albums: I've added photos to my video but it won't go past 3:51 minutes. How do I make it longer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-photos-albums/30bc8f82-edc5-490d-b84c-980ec09ce9f6"
  5. photo albums missing

photo albums missing: I created several photo albums in windows 10 but every time I try to access them no photos show up. Not only that but, if I try to access the albums I've created, the program switches off completely! So I have to go back to the photo program just to look at the collection I...
  6. Photos in albums

Photos in albums: how do I rearrange photos in an album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-albums/7c58d5fd-c858-4b9e-9018-95e307057db6"
  7. Photo albums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo albums: I have created albums for the past 2 years. I can now see the album names but no pictures show when I access the album name. Instead, windows 10 closes the picture app and takes me back to the desktop. Help!...
  8. Photos app albums

Photos app albums: I just want to be able to share a group of photos and short videos on my OneDrive account with family and friends. Unfortunately the Photos app wants to make a @#$% music video out of the pics and I cant find a way arround that gratuitous trash. Help?...
  9. Sorting photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting photos: I have just taken delivery of a new W10 pc and would appreciate advice on sorting my photos. In XP I could download a cameraful of photos and, without having to change their titles, I could click and drag them into any order, not just one dictated by Microsoft. For instance...
  10. Unwanted photo album

Unwanted photo album: My wife has a Win7 desktop machine that she uses for stuff brought home from work, but also keeps a collection of photos that she posts to Facebook, etc. Rather than let her deal with any fallout from an automatic Win10 upgrade While I wasn't around, I did it manually...