Windows 10: Sorting photos

Discus and support Sorting photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just taken delivery of a new W10 pc and would appreciate advice on sorting my photos. In XP I could download a cameraful of photos and, without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by convul, Mar 16, 2017.

1. convul Win User

Sorting photos

I have just taken delivery of a new W10 pc and would appreciate advice on sorting my photos.
    In XP I could download a cameraful of photos and, without having to change their titles, I could click and drag them into any order, not just one dictated by Microsoft. For instance I could put all rainy pictures together, all containing tall people, red umbrellas, etc.They would then permanently stay in that order.
    Amazingly, this really useful facility wasn't carried on to W7, so far as I know.
    Can I do this in W10?
    Can it be done at all?

Thanks.

:)

convul, Mar 16, 2017

2. Photos, albums, sorting photos

Thanks....I guess I sort of paniced. When I look at Pictures, they are in the correct albums. I need to put in some study time on Windows 10.

EricAuerbach, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Photos, albums, sorting photos

Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with sorting photos in Photo App.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue may have occurred due to incorrect Photo app settings.

I suggest you to refer the section Organize files and folders
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 16, 2017
Thema:

Sorting photos

1. Sorting photos - Similar Threads - Sorting photos

2. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  3. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  4. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  5. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  6. Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?: In Google photos, I tagged everyone's faces so if I need to find photos of a particular person, i just need to type their name and all their photos show up. In OneDrive, I need to scroll, and scroll to sift through all my photos to find someone or something. This goes for the...
  7. Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?

Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?: In Google photos, I tagged everyone's faces so if I need to find photos of a particular person, i just need to type their name and all their photos show up. In OneDrive, I need to scroll, and scroll to sift through all my photos to find someone or something. This goes for the...
  8. How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?: How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?Now when I double-click some .jpg-file in Windows 11 Explorer, It opens the photo in Windows Photos App. The problem or issue is when I click the arrow to see the previous or next photo, the...
  9. How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?

How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?: How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?Now when I double-click some .jpg-file in Windows 11 Explorer, It opens the photo in Windows Photos App. The problem or issue is when I click the arrow to see the previous or next photo, the...
  10. How do I sort videos within Microsoft Photos Windows 10/11 by date taken?

How do I sort videos within Microsoft Photos Windows 10/11 by date taken?: I uploaded several hundred photos last year and a few videos to Microsoft Photos. Recently I noticed that the videos were all sorted to the date I uploaded them, however, the photos were all in order of date taken. I made sure to sort the photos by date taken and checked the...