Windows 10: sorting Quick Access alphabetic

Discus and support sorting Quick Access alphabetic in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey guys, we all (i think) use Quick Access infile explorer, right? Is there a possibility to sort the files in Quick Access alphabetic?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffrys, Oct 18, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

sorting Quick Access alphabetic

hey guys,

we all (i think) use Quick Access infile explorer, right?

Is there a possibility to sort the files in Quick Access alphabetic?

thanks

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Oct 18, 2015
  2. Catbill Win User

Can't we sort Quick Access items?

In File Explorer, I want the items appearing under Quick Access to be sorted alphabetically. However, "sort" is grayed out.

Further down the list in the sidebar, items under "This PC" can be sorted. Why in the world is this not possible for Quick Access?

Catbill, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Can't we sort Quick Access items?

As state above: This capability was available in Win 7 in Favorites. It's absurd that one cannot sort Quick Access alphabetically or other wise!!! Another bogus OS "improvement"

jaygeeleblanc, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

sorting Quick Access alphabetic

1. sorting Quick Access alphabetic - Similar Threads - sorting Quick Access

2. Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access: Is there a way to force Windows 10 to cause all Open commands in Explorer and Office to always open directly on a pre-chosen folder in Quick Access? I am aware of making the choice in View Options of This PC or Quick Access, but that will not direct to a particular always...
  3. Windows 10 - sort folders & files Swedish alphabet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - sort folders & files Swedish alphabet: When I sort folders and files alphabetically all items that start with the Swedish letters å, ä and ö (the last three letters in the Swedish alphabet) end up sorted a either 'a' (å & ä) or 'o' (ö). How can I change this so they are sorted correctly?...
  4. How Does Windows Sort Alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Does Windows Sort Alphabetically?: So there are lots of unicode characters that Windows will allow you to use in your file and folder names. However, how does Windows determine how they're sorted? Take the following example of a huge number of folders named with different characters: [img] How exactly is...
  5. quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    quick access: When you add things anomalously to the quick access why do you not allow the users to delete old flawed information completely? When you allow old information, that in most cases has been changed or altered, then you hurt the MS users by having them click on the information...
  6. How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane?: Hey folks, I am currently trying to move "This PC" to the top of the navigation pane, or - alternatively - move the "Quick Access" to the very bottom. Is there any possible way? I have found (and used) ways for every other entry, but not those 2. I have even...
  7. quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    quick access: When I am in windows explorer and enter a folder on a mapped drive. I then click on pin current folder to quick access. It puts the current folder. Lets call it video. Now in the quick access is a folder named video. But if the folder video has a sub folder called temp and I...
  8. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...
  9. How Can I Alphabetize List Of Items Pinned To "Quick Access"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can I Alphabetize List Of Items Pinned To "Quick Access"?: My Windows 10 Pro is currently Version 1607 (OS Build 1493.1715). When I pin new folders in File Managers Quick Access directory, their names appear in no particular order. Is there a way to alphabetize this listing? 93419
  10. How to sort desktop icons alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sort desktop icons alphabetically?: . In my normal user account, I sort desktop icons by name. It's clear that there are actually two groups of icons. The first group (after Recycle bin) starts with CCleaner and ends with VLC Media Player. These are the same icons that I see in my Administrator acccount....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sorting desktop icons in alphabetic order