Windows 10: sorting Quick Access alphabetic

Discus and support sorting Quick Access alphabetic in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey guys, we all (i think) use Quick Access infile explorer, right? Is there a possibility to sort the files in Quick Access alphabetic?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffrys, Oct 18, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

sorting Quick Access alphabetic

hey guys,

we all (i think) use Quick Access infile explorer, right?

Is there a possibility to sort the files in Quick Access alphabetic?

thanks

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Oct 18, 2015
  2. Catbill Win User

Can't we sort Quick Access items?

In File Explorer, I want the items appearing under Quick Access to be sorted alphabetically. However, "sort" is grayed out.

Further down the list in the sidebar, items under "This PC" can be sorted. Why in the world is this not possible for Quick Access?

Catbill, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Can't we sort Quick Access items?

As state above: This capability was available in Win 7 in Favorites. It's absurd that one cannot sort Quick Access alphabetically or other wise!!! Another bogus OS "improvement"

jaygeeleblanc, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

sorting Quick Access alphabetic

1. sorting Quick Access alphabetic - Similar Threads - sorting Quick Access

2. Sort files and folders of different type alphabetically

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort files and folders of different type alphabetically: Is there a way of sorting different types and folders alphabetically together in a folder? For example :- Folder Name A PDF Name A Folder Name B PDF Name B At the moment W10 would sort these as,even though I have only checked name in the sort by field :- Folder Name A...
  3. How do I sort favorites in alphabetical order?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I sort favorites in alphabetical order?: It appears that the new version of Microsoft Edge does not support the option of sorting favorites in alphabetical order. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sort-favorites-in-alphabetical-order/5eb48b71-063b-4c06-a91e-9d77f54d8ca3
  4. Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order.: For a few days I can't remember when I last restarted or updated my PC, my file explorer has been sorting the contents of my folders wrong. It correctly places files before folders when I sort by NAME>Descending, but the file and folder names are in reverse alphabetical...
  5. DOES WORDPAD SORT ALPHABETICALLY?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DOES WORDPAD SORT ALPHABETICALLY?: DOES WORDPAD SORT ALPHABETICALLY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-wordpad-sort-alphabetically/e163ac1e-8269-4faf-a736-1d400d235f93"
  6. How Does Windows Sort Alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Does Windows Sort Alphabetically?: So there are lots of unicode characters that Windows will allow you to use in your file and folder names. However, how does Windows determine how they're sorted? Take the following example of a huge number of folders named with different characters: [img] How exactly is...
  7. How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to sort "This PC" or "Quick Access" in Navigation Pane?: Hey folks, I am currently trying to move "This PC" to the top of the navigation pane, or - alternatively - move the "Quick Access" to the very bottom. Is there any possible way? I have found (and used) ways for every other entry, but not those 2. I have even...
  8. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...
  9. How Can I Alphabetize List Of Items Pinned To "Quick Access"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can I Alphabetize List Of Items Pinned To "Quick Access"?: My Windows 10 Pro is currently Version 1607 (OS Build 1493.1715). When I pin new folders in File Managers Quick Access directory, their names appear in no particular order. Is there a way to alphabetize this listing? 93419
  10. How to sort desktop icons alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sort desktop icons alphabetically?: . In my normal user account, I sort desktop icons by name. It's clear that there are actually two groups of icons. The first group (after Recycle bin) starts with CCleaner and ends with VLC Media Player. These are the same icons that I see in my Administrator acccount....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sorting desktop icons in alphabetic order