Windows 10: Sorting slide file

Discus and support Sorting slide file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to sort slides alphabetically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorting-slide-file/fcf16ddc-1e68-4ff6-b6b8-fc5c86eb1f0c" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TonyEvanson1, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Sorting slide file

I am trying to sort slides alphabetically

:)

TonyEvanson1, Nov 15, 2018

2. sorting jpg files

Hi

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you let us know, are you trying to sort in files in Explorer or Photos app?

If you are sorting in explorer, follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Open the folder in which files are stored.
    2. Right click on empty space of window.
    3. Select Sort by and click on
      Type

If you are trying to sort in Photos app by extension, we would suggest you to provide your feedback in
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app
    as there is no option available to sort by extension in the app. However you can sort by Modified, Newest, Oldest, and Alphabetical.

If you want to look only for the files with .jpg extension in photos app, you may type
    *.jpg in the search bar.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 15, 2018
  3. sort folders and files in explorer

Hi Greg,

You can filter the folders and files in File Explorer using the Sort by option. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• What do you mean when you mentioned “files sorted by latest first”?
    • You mentioned that you were able to perform it before, which Windows version were you using that time?
    • Can you provide us a detailed description of what you would like to perform?

In the meantime, you can try the following steps:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Click the Drive where the files and folders are saved.
    • Under Current view, click Sort by.
    • Select Name if you would like to sort it alphabetically. Choose
      Date modified or Date created if you wanted to sort it by date. Refer to the image below.

Sorting slide file ea8092d2-1503-4ff9-b2a2-42100640d71c.png

Please take note that you can’t apply two filters at a time.

Looking forward for your response.

Kristine Arp, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

Sorting slide file

How to desegregate Folders/Files in File Explorer Sort By Functions?

Hi,

Sorting the layout of each folder is really dependent on the user's preference, that is why Windows has a variety of ways of sorting files and folders.

To sort files and folders alphanumerically together, we can try grouping it by name.

To do this, follow the steps below:

• On the folder that you want to sort, click View.
    • Look for Group by and left-click on it.
    • Select Name.

Sorting slide file d1b579c8-659a-4dff-8380-20a72d125af9.png

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Sorting slide file

1. Sorting slide file - Similar Threads - Sorting slide file

2. File Sorting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sorting: Can some explain to me why two folders, both created just using CTRL+SHIFT+N sort the files differently *EDIT- some folders have been created using the 'New Folder' option when sharing a copy of files from Adobe Scan to Google Drive on an Android Phone*? I want the files to...
  3. File sorting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File sorting: I have a folder on a drive that has multiple sub-folders. I want to search the entire folder including sub-folders and sort the results individual files in a particular order date, size, file type, etc..How can I do that?...
  4. File sorting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File sorting: I have a folder on a drive that has multiple sub-folders. I want to search the entire folder including sub-folders and sort the results individual files in a particular order date, size, file type, etc..How can I do that?...
  5. File sorting

in Cortana
  6. File Sorting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Sorting: Why is Microsoft so slow at sorting files? I have an extensive mp3 music collection and if I selected to sort by "Genre" it takes an eternity. I have searched many locations for answers but all I find are work arounds that really do not help the underlying problem of sorting...
  7. File sorting

File sorting: Re the sorting of files. I am not given the option of choosing A to Z, just the normal Name, Date modified, Type etc. So how do I get out of the sorting A to I, H to P and Q to Z? - for those who did not see my original question....
  8. File sorting

File sorting: Suddenly my files are now being sorted according to sections A to I, H to P and Q to Z. How do I reset to sorting from A to Z only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-sorting/34f4d92c-14ab-4d04-b268-702e45ec5721
  9. Sorting Files

Sorting Files: Afternoon All Now, this isn't particularly important in the overall scheme of things but the fact that I can't get around it is niggling me a little. I have a new laptop which is running otherwise perfectly. In File Explorer I have a significant number of folders stored...
  10. Not sorting files

Not sorting files: My wife wants to arrange pictures in a file in windows 10 but not with any criteria laid out in any of the items in the "sort by" list how can we do this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-sorting-files/f38b6235-dc66-4962-904a-ab575a956f04