Windows 10: Sorting Start screen tiles

Discus and support Sorting Start screen tiles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there no means to sort tiles alphabetically in a Start screen named group? It seems archaic to have to rearrange tiles by hand every time I add a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bob Hawkins, May 5, 2016.

1. Sorting Start screen tiles

Is there no means to sort tiles alphabetically in a Start screen named group? It seems archaic to have to rearrange tiles by hand every time I add a new one, simply to maintain their alphabetic order.

:)

Bob Hawkins, May 5, 2016
  2. hpholm Win User

why battery % is different in action centre n different in the app tile???is it any problem?? how to solve it??see the image v

I was able to provoke a hang in my Lumia 720 - by adding the power saver tile to the start screen and tap around - never ending 'Resuming ...' black screen.

The power saver tile was stuck at 74% while the phone was actually at 45% remaining power.

@
    Akshay Dubey
    - please try remove the power saver tile from the start screen, then restart the phone, and confirm if the phone itself and other tiles now work as expected?

(You can add the power saver tile again later, but also consider if you really need it).

This could be a glitch for the developers to sort out?

--

Hans

hpholm, May 5, 2016
  3. Sorting the Tiles in Windows 10 Start Menu

Wow then it looks like I posted this question at just the right time. I am very impressed in how much Windows is putting in.

Brian LeDuc, May 5, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Sorting Start screen tiles

All the information on the tiles in your Start menu is stored in a database folder. I do not know of any way to access these entries and play around with the sort order. The folder is found here: C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database

philc43, May 5, 2016
Thema:

Sorting Start screen tiles

1. Sorting Start screen tiles - Similar Threads - Sorting Start screen

2. Windows 10 Start Screen Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Screen Tiles: If I add a folder to the start screen it appears a a tile at the bottom left corner. If I try to drag it to another position, as soon as I release the mouse button it snaps back to its original position at the bottom left corner. Is there a way to allow me to re-position...
  3. Start menu/tile screen stays on

Start menu/tile screen stays on: Ever since the latest Edge update I did on 6/20/20 the start/tile screen stays on after you click on one of the tiles. It used to disappear after you clicked on a tile. If you move the cursor outside the start screen and click, than the start screen will disappear. It never...
  4. Tiles on Start screen

Tiles on Start screen: The tiles in the Start screen have gone from clean, efficient layout to all over the place and I don't know why. How can I get them back to display in an orderly fashion? Everything that I tried fails to solve the issue. HELP, please & thank you JC...
  5. start screen (with tiles on it)

start screen (with tiles on it): My start screen has all my tiles on it and the back ground will change colors but when I open it to full screen view the back ground goes black. I have toggled tablet mode on and off and I have change from picture to slide show and I have enlarged the tiles but to no avail...
  6. start tiles

start tiles: cant remove or unpin or delete folder in start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-tiles/efe6c51f-207c-496a-a6cf-1bd004f85749
  7. Problem with tiles in Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with tiles in Start screen: I have had this problem with Start screen tiles for some months. I had hoped it might go away with a either updates or some repairs to the Store or resets, but it persists. A proportion of the tiles, perhaps about 20%, are either completely blank or just show the text name of...
  8. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...
  9. Blurry tiles on Start Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry tiles on Start Screen: Hi there, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 after a while on 8.1 and am slowly getting used to the changes. Because I preferred the Start Screen from 8 (as opposed to a Start Menu) I've set that as my default option on 10. But I'm experiencing an odd issue where the image...
  10. Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Tiny icons in Start screen tiles: I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows 8, so you've got (for example), a tiny W for Word in Windows 10 vs a more visible W in Windows 8.1. Only appears to apply to...