Windows 10: SOS: Dad deleted 50K words of his book in Word, how to restore?

Discus and support SOS: Dad deleted 50K words of his book in Word, how to restore? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Hoping you can help us. My dad is writing a book and isn't the most technologically saavy person and has basically been typing it up in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by helpmepleasethx, Mar 21, 2020.

1. SOS: Dad deleted 50K words of his book in Word, how to restore?

Hi everyone,

Hoping you can help us. My dad is writing a book and isn't the most technologically saavy person and has basically been typing it up in one Word document and saving it (ie doesn't have previous versions or backups, just keeps adding to the original doc). The file is saved in Documents on OneDrive.

When he was writing the other day, something happened and the entire document went blank. The auto-recovered version of the doc is blank. For some reason, when he tries to reopen the doc it only shows what was saved as of 9/15/19, even though he has opened and saved that doc many times since then.

Is there anyway to boot up a more recent backup? I honestly have no idea what happened to make it go blank but my dad is devastated. He lost almost half of his book. Would really appreciate any advice or help you can offer us. He is on a surface using Microsoft 10 Pro.

:)

helpmepleasethx, Mar 21, 2020
  2. a111087 Win User

(MS Word) auto window restoring

Ok, When I have a word file open, i minimize that word window to open another word file. but what does word do?! it opens new word window as well as restores other minimized word window!!! *Bang Head :banghead:
    this is just killing me! I checked all option and googled all i could

the guy in the link below has the same problem:
    Chris Pirillo is creating Weekly Fun Videos with Jedi | Patreon

I have XP and MS Office 2007

a111087, Mar 21, 2020
  3. microsoft word 2003

In the past year or so I've noticed another quirk where a downloaded Word document or other Office document won't open regardless of the steps I take to open them. After deleting the file and re-downloading the document it opens without issue. I've been using Chrome almost exclusively so I'm not sure if I've experienced this with Explorer or Firefox. So one last step to try might be to obtain another copy of your files if they are being generated and fetched externally to your system (ie. try downloading them again as the file might have simply been corrupted).

Beertintedgoggles, Mar 21, 2020
  4. SOS: Dad deleted 50K words of his book in Word, how to restore?

microsoft word 2003

Very ineteresing and unknown method for me. I'll apply it, many thanks!

abandone15, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

SOS: Dad deleted 50K words of his book in Word, how to restore?

1. SOS: Dad deleted 50K words of his book in Word, how to restore? - Similar Threads - SOS Dad deleted

2. Reading Book Log Templates on Microsoft Word etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reading Book Log Templates on Microsoft Word etc.: Does Microsoft have a 'reading book log' template?I always see on social media these digital reading book logs and wonder how I could create my own. However, Microsoft Word/Excel/OneNote etc do not have any templates available or have any of the tools available to create such...
  3. word restore document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word restore document: I was writing my paper, and hit save and then my whole document disappeared. I have been trying to restore my previous versions but they are all blank. please help me....
  4. deleted word

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleted word: How do I please find word again. I think I have deleted microsoft along with word as I cannot find excel, photoshop, word etc. Can you please help me. I cannot find it in my programmes either. I am pretty much a rookie when it comes to this so the easier the better....
  5. deleted word, excel, etc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    deleted word, excel, etc: hello there, just today my partner reset the computer, so we lost everything including our word, excel package. can you help me?? and tell me how to put it back on our laptop Thanks...
  6. Recover A Deleted Word File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover A Deleted Word File: I deleted a Word file by mistake and want to recover it. Thank you, Gary Mobile: 414.243.3885 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-deleted-word-file/bff38da3-0d08-4cc3-adfd-42a7f7075ab7
  7. Word documents that cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word documents that cannot be deleted: I have some word documents that I am trying to delete, but am unable to because it says they are open in WINWORD.EXE. WINWORD is not open. How do I get these docs deleted. I have already deleted the temp files that it would allow me to delete. There are 2 temp files that it...
  8. Restoring Word 10 (deleted in error)

Restoring Word 10 (deleted in error): I reinitialised my PC today as a last resort because I couldn't connect to the internet - it resolved that problem, but in the process I seem to have lost Word 10 (which was on the PC when I bought it). Consequently I can't open any of my Word documents without being asked...
  9. Deleted word application

Deleted word application: Hi I rebooted my surface pro 3 as it was running too slow and its deleted some of the apps that I paid for initially to have on it when I purchased it. How can I recover them without buying them again? Word etc.......
  10. Cannot access address book from Word 2007

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access address book from Word 2007: When opening my address book in Word 2007 to copy in an address, I get the message "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.." This has worked repeatedly in the past. I have no problem using the address book...