Windows 10: SOS I need to know if my supplier scammed me with a temporary win 10 pro ACTIVATION

Discus and support SOS I need to know if my supplier scammed me with a temporary win 10 pro ACTIVATION in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I purchased a laptop that has pre installed win 10 Pro after 5 months " windows will expire" notification appeared I contacted them and they say I may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xiaojiian, Jan 12, 2021.

1. SOS I need to know if my supplier scammed me with a temporary win 10 pro ACTIVATION

I purchased a laptop that has pre installed win 10 Pro after 5 months " windows will expire" notification appeared I contacted them and they say I may have done an update which caused the problem and they aren't willing to help me.

I found command of slmgr rearm which made that " windows will expire" notification disappear.

But the next day I found my windows not activated with "can't connect to your organisation's activation server I looked for the licence of my windows and it was Volume KMS client.

Did the supplier got my PC out of their server ? or their Volume Licence expired and they don't want to support my PC anymore? I am not savyy when it comes to Windows license, but is it even legal for a supplier to sell windows with Volume KMS?

I want to purchase a new OEM key but I have no idea if the version of my windows will accept this key

and I don't know where to re install my OS.

submitted by /u/xiaojiian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xiaojiian, Jan 12, 2021
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

Yet it didn't, hence the suggestion. But again, if you have the Pro key you could use that.

And that link bro67 posted is a clear a mud so hopefully he understands what he posted it and can apply it to your issue.

Good luck.

sygnus21, Jan 12, 2021
  3. ACTIVATION WIN 10

Hi,

You might see this error if you entered a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate
    Windows 10 Home or
    Windows 10 Pro. Activation in Windows 10 will depend on how you got your copy of Windows.
    To find the activation method that works with your copy of Windows, kindly refer to this

Microsoft article

Check out this
    link
    for a list of activation error codes and the suggested steps to troubleshoot it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Megahertz Win User

SOS I need to know if my supplier scammed me with a temporary win 10 pro ACTIVATION

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

I found a solution to upgrade my Sony laptop from Win 7 pro to Win 10 Pro.
    As I described on the first post a upgrade from running Win 7 didn't work.
    So I followed Brink tutorial Clean Install Windows 10 without having to Upgrade First
    SIW2 suggested gatherosstate dance on post #8 but I didn't understand what he meant.
    From running Win 7 Pro I generated a GenuineTicket.xml using gatherosstate.exe tool.
    Then I did a Win 10 Pro Clean install on a blank SSD drive and used the GenuineTicket.xml generated under Win 7 Pro and it Activated Win 10 Pro just installed.
    Now I have a Win 10 Pro license on the M$ servers to the Sony laptop and I can do a upgrade from Win 7 Pro that it will activate.

Megahertz, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

SOS I need to know if my supplier scammed me with a temporary win 10 pro ACTIVATION

1. SOS I need to know if my supplier scammed me with a temporary win 10 pro ACTIVATION - Similar Threads - SOS need supplier

2. I need to know if I got scammed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to know if I got scammed: please help me to know if I got scammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-know-if-i-got-scammed/2f5ff5cb-1c25-4f13-a16d-7d9fefc40825
  3. I need to know if I got scammed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to know if I got scammed: please help me to know if I got scammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-know-if-i-got-scammed/2f5ff5cb-1c25-4f13-a16d-7d9fefc40825
  4. I need to know if I got scammed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need to know about my Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to know about my Windows 10 Pro: Im running Windows 10 Home on my PC however it crashes and now unable to use. I was able to buy a new PC and use my Windows 10 Home. However, the old PC was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro using MS Store. I dont have product key for it. It is the $99 and I want to upgrade my PC to...
  6. I need to know about my Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to know about my Windows 10 Pro: Im running Windows 10 Home on my PC however it crashes and now unable to use. I was able to buy a new PC and use my Windows 10 Home. However, the old PC was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro using MS Store. I dont have product key for it. It is the $99 and I want to upgrade my PC to...
  7. I need to know about my Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. activation win 10 pro

activation win 10 pro: scenario: Laptop 1 has win 8, I buy a Win 10 Licence full from the windows store. Laptop 1 is Win 10 pro activated. 6 months later I buy Laptop 2, it has Win 10 home, I want to transfer my pro licence on it. on Laptop 1 I deactivate the licence by entering "slmgr.vbs...
  9. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  10. I need help to activate my Win 10..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help to activate my Win 10..: im trying to activate my pc but im lost help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-activate-my-win-10/0b05e30f-a3c9-4aac-905a-28f54a510d6e