Windows 10: Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode

Discus and support Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy Phoenix Desktop 860-180st-CTO running Windows 10 Pro that is giving me fits with the sound. When I start the PC from shut down mode,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jerryyea, Oct 3, 2020.

1. jerryyea Win User

Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode

I have an HP Envy Phoenix Desktop 860-180st-CTO running Windows 10 Pro that is giving me fits with the sound. When I start the PC from shut down mode, the sound works fine. I can go to my itunes and play music or whatever requires sound and it works fine.

If I click for the PC to Hibernate for a while while I do something else, when I bring it out of Hibernation, the sound doesn't work until I run the sound troubleshooter, hear the beep it plays, then open an app for music or other sound, and it works fine. What in the world setting could I have wrong that it is doing this? It doesn't take that long to run the troubleshooter but it is an annoying delay. I'm 71 years old and I leave the computer quite a few times during the day, and I'm told it is easier on the computer to just hibernate rather than shutting it down and restarting all the time.

Any and all help will be appreciated. I have the Microsoft Answer Desk and I guess I could go to Microsoft for help but, I'm 71, retired, and not wealthy. If this is posted in the wrong category, just move it if you have to. I tried to use the one that made the most sense.

Thanks

jerryyea

:)

jerryyea, Oct 3, 2020

2. Hibernate mode

I have my laptop set to hibernate mode when I close the lid. It worked fine with Windows 8 but since the upgrade to Windows 10 the laptop has no power after closing the lid and opening it hours later. In settings, it does show that it is suppose to go
    into hibernate mode when lid is closed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mogulman1(2), Oct 3, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode :p

cadaveca, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode

"Shutting Down" to "Hibernate"

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the device drivers status in Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Check if any of the drivers have warning message(Yellow triangle with exclamatory mark).

Step 2: Start the computer in Safe mode, try to shutdown and check if the sleep mode/ hibernate is working fine.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode

1. Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode - Similar Threads - Sound coming Hibernate

2. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  3. PC does not come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not come out of hibernation: Hi everyone,I bought a new computer a few months ago and everything has been going well, but there's one peculiar issue:Windows automatically enters a sort of hibernation or sleep mode after about 5 minutes or after locking. When I return and try to wake it up, it doesn't...
  4. PC does not come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not come out of hibernation: Hi everyone,I bought a new computer a few months ago and everything has been going well, but there's one peculiar issue:Windows automatically enters a sort of hibernation or sleep mode after about 5 minutes or after locking. When I return and try to wake it up, it doesn't...
  5. Sound coming out of monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming out of monitor: I have got my headphones connected correctly. TeamSpeak is working correctly. I hear it thru my headphones and other can hear my mic. but the other sound, all the other sound is coming from my monitor....
  6. Sound coming out of monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound coming out of monitor: I have got my headphones connected correctly. TeamSpeak is working correctly. I hear it thru my headphones and other can hear my mic. but the other sound, all the other sound is coming from my monitor....
  7. Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate

Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate: I want to take advantage of fast startup and I have enabled it in the power settings. When I shutdown the machine, it goes to hibernate mode. To restart the machine, I have to first press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds, which terminates the hibernation and...
  8. Windows 10 won't come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't come out of hibernation: I'm trying to get an HP Envy x360 with Windows 10 to boot up. (Not my machine and don't have a lot of details about it.) Here's the history: 1. Initially got stuck on the "Please Wait ..." screen. After a long time, it would go to the log-in screen. When I tried to log...
  9. My laptop wont come out of hibernation

My laptop wont come out of hibernation: I am running windows 10 pro 1809 on a lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon gen 6. A recent occurrence, I have noticed that the system fails to resume from hibernate state. I have tried a hibernate disable-enable cycle and it doesnt help. When I try to resume from hibernate, the laptop...
  10. Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???: Hi All I have a weird problem that started about 3 months ago before that all was well, if I put my Windows 10 laptop into Hibernation when I try to bring it out it shuts down, it does start to try to open but it gets to the point where the black background with the blue...