Windows 10: Sound and audio mess

Discus and support Sound and audio mess in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My speakers and microphone are suddenly not working. I have troubleshot both with no luck, and reinstalled the sound driver, which also didn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HeatherHCM, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Sound and audio mess

My speakers and microphone are suddenly not working. I have troubleshot both with no luck, and reinstalled the sound driver, which also didn't work. Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!!

:)

HeatherHCM, Feb 5, 2020

2. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Audio and Sound

Hi Ethan,

This issue can be due to several reasons. Let's get your audio and sound issue sorted, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Select Sound.
    • Go to Communications tab.
    • Click Do nothing.
    • Chose Apply and Ok.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Marilou Ser, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Sound and audio mess

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Sound and audio mess

1. Sound and audio mess - Similar Threads - Sound audio mess

2. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  3. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  4. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Updates messing with audio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates messing with audio: 3 Months ago my audio just stopped working after a update I turned audio enhancements off and problem was solved. 1 month ago my audio cut out again after a windows update and I spent 2 and a half hours trying to fix it on support chat, which solved the issued by system...
  6. Notification sounds: a mess?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification sounds: a mess?: This post has to do with both "system sounds" and "notification sounds". I am on Windows 10. Up until a few days ago, I had Windows 10 version 2004. A few days ago, I updated to Windows 10 version 2009. I updated to this version because I was having a problem with the...
  7. A Realtek sound mess

A Realtek sound mess: Recently bought a new PC and there was a strange effect - as if the sound channel carring the voice was very low but the music was high . I was desperate . Solution : Open Balance of the Speaker and just move the scroll bars to the left or right of the left/right...
  8. Audio messed up

Audio messed up: I made a mistake I was listening to YouTube and forgot that my headset with a cord was still on my laptop. The tip of the headset broke and I can't get it out whatsoever. Can I use wireless headphones or USB headphones and still be able to listen to music and stuff. So my...
  9. Computer audio sounds all messed up after i updated my sound driver.

Computer audio sounds all messed up after i updated my sound driver.: Hi its Bill, greetings from Australia! who‘’s born in china (so please don't mind the grammar mistakes.) Well straight to the point is that, I've purchased a brand new headset from a store, and as i plugged the wires in nice and well to the back side of the computer...
  10. sound keeps messing up

sound keeps messing up: everytime I watch a movie on nextflix or anything or even a dvd on my computer the sound works for a little bit then the voices start to sound distorted and sometimes it goes to a blue screen saying ur pc ran into a problem and restarts but have virius software in my compter...