Windows 10: Sound and Microphone Problem

Discus and support Sound and Microphone Problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there ! 2 days ago, I talked on aplication TeamSpeak3 completely normally, until night, when I went on sleep, and when I wanted to shut down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DženanHuseinspahić, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Sound and Microphone Problem

Hello there !

2 days ago, I talked on aplication TeamSpeak3 completely normally, until night, when I went on sleep, and when I wanted to shut down my computer, there were " Update & Shut down". I saw that a lot of time, so I just simply clicked on that and let my computer do whatever is to be done, and I gone sleep. Tomorrow I enter TS3, my microphone dosen't work.... I test my mic, but when someone talk, it's activating, but when I talk, dosen't react at all...

This happend once or twice maybe 5-6 months ago, but I don't know how I slove it hehe..

Now I tried everything and it simply dosen't work.

Please, can I get your help how to slove it, I am not some " computer guy ", only useing it for games and some school stuff....

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Dzenan.

:)

DženanHuseinspahić, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Farvatten Win User

Problem with Microphone

You might check Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone

Check that you have access set to 'On' and there's also a list of Windows apps that can be toggled individually.

Sound and Microphone Problem [​IMG]

Farvatten, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Sound and Microphone Problem

Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Sound and Microphone Problem

1. Sound and Microphone Problem - Similar Threads - Sound Microphone Problem

2. Sound/microphone problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound/microphone problems: Hi, I have problem with my microphone on my headset. It still doesn't want to work even though it work fine on other devices and the 3.5 mm jack I also fine tested with other headphones. I have tried several aproches to resolve this problem, however all of them failed. One...
  3. Sound/microphone problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound/microphone problems: Hi, I have problem with my microphone on my headset. It still doesn't want to work even though it work fine on other devices and the 3.5 mm jack I also fine tested with other headphones. I have tried several aproches to resolve this problem, however all of them failed. One...
  4. Microphone problem and sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone problem and sound: My microphone is not picking up sound just staying stagnant and not moving at all. Have unmute in the setting. Pls help. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-problem-and-sound/adc7434d-f6f8-4fbe-981c-7dbaa38a4edd
  5. Sound and Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound and Microphone not working: So a while ago my ThinkPad E480 laptop stopped giving output to my speakers and the audio jack, and it was annoying but I usually use my Bluetooth headset so I was fine. Then my headset died and it didn't work tried a few things, nothing, restarted my computer the sound...
  6. Microphone mutes sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone mutes sound: This has been happening as long as I can remember but only recently has it been a problem.I use a headset with a built in microphone and whenever an application activates the microphone it mutes any sound from other applications and most of the time the sound from the...
  7. Microphone transmits sounds?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone transmits sounds?: Since today, my microphone front from the headset transmits the sounds that are played back on the PC and no longer when I speak into the microphone. Drivers are up-to-date. Where can I change that? Use Windows 10. Mikrofon überträgt Sounds?
  8. Buzzing sound problem on microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buzzing sound problem on microphone: I have a microphone and it sounds good when i talk to friends on discord but when i record with nvidia shadowplay my voice sounds so low and its buzzing very loud i don't know how to fix Link:...
  9. I have wierd problem sound and microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have wierd problem sound and microphone: I played a game and then randomly i lost audio and microphone sound/volume And its says (No Audio output Device is installed) And if i check Playback or Recording its empty i remember there was something I have tried to solve it uptades, Youtube videos but nothing, can i...
  10. Problem with microphone, sounds distorted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with microphone, sounds distorted.: Hi, when I am using " listen to device" everything is OK. But when i try use a Steam/Discord/TeamSpeak voice chat, most of the time is my voice drastically distorted. I have realtec sound at my MotherBoard I have Soundcard Asus Strix I updated drivers for both of them I...