Windows 10: sound and some display parts gone on certain websites after recent ca 2021 MS updates

Discus and support sound and some display parts gone on certain websites after recent ca 2021 MS updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have noticed after some of the recent updates to Win10 that certain of the websites on which I listen to music now no long are able to provide their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FranzAugustKarlBort, Feb 23, 2021.

1. sound and some display parts gone on certain websites after recent ca 2021 MS updates

I have noticed after some of the recent updates to Win10 that certain of the websites on which I listen to music now no long are able to provide their previous offerings. As a note of info, I use Google Chrome currently for web access on all my machines. The player may be there on some, on others the player is gone. Also there were displays that showed the current song/ album/ group and several tunes played before that one, but these are now missing. This is not a sound issue as I can freely listen to and see youtube videos, stream on Netflicks, Amazon, etc. Further clouding the issue I have other very similar PC's that receive the regular updates which are having no trouble at all so far. Yet this PC is my primary, and until just recently within the past month I had no problems of this sort. I have not gone to removing updates yet to find for certain this is the problem, and really would be suspicious if this was an update issue since the other similar sound devices, manufacturer, model, etc. PC's present the websites and play the music fine. I have suspicions that this may be a windows firewall thing, but why sound and the I believe active content? and why only on some sites? I anxiously await whatever suggestions may be offered.

:)

FranzAugustKarlBort, Feb 23, 2021
  2. CJCerny Win User

Redirect certain webpages to kittens

Don't know about the kitten thing, but I do know that blocking "all NSFW" websites is gonna require a service/software that is updated regularly. This can either be done with software or with a router that supports such a feature, since the list of NSFW websites is constantly changing. Suggest you start with the option for family friendly surfing that is included as part of Windows Live Essentials.

CJCerny, Feb 23, 2021
  3. MS Edge not displaying certain website

MS Edge will not display popular websites like Amazon etc. although it dispalys other sites no problem. It says it is a tempoary DNS problem. I can access Amazon from Chrome on the same computer no problem. What is the issue?

AdamBarboza67, Feb 23, 2021
  4. JBC1001 Win User

sound and some display parts gone on certain websites after recent ca 2021 MS updates

Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test.

I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows due to a new hard drive. One of the ongoing problems I've had since then is sound not playing on certain videos. This is Windows 10 on a desktop computer, and I'm using the built-in sound from the motherboard.
    (I also have an nVidia graphics card which my computer keeps suggesting could play sound, but I do not have the cable to connect the card to speakers.)

I'm trying to troubleshoot with the motherboard sound, though. The sound works with many programs, including some videos - sometimes it will even be intermittent on videos, stopping or starting after a certain point. The main thing I've found in my troubleshooting
    is that when I test the sound, when there are supposed to be six notes played three times, the only one I hear is the first time. Also, inspecting web elements suggest it may also have something to do, when dealing with browsers, with HTML5.

I've downloaded codecs, checked I have the latest drivers numerous times, turned off special audio settings and done the best I could at trying to narrow down the problem making sure nothing is muted and. Would anyone being able to help me further?

Thanks in advance.

JBC1001, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

sound and some display parts gone on certain websites after recent ca 2021 MS updates

1. sound and some display parts gone on certain websites after recent ca 2021 MS updates - Similar Threads - sound display parts

2. Some websites inaccessible after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some websites inaccessible after windows update.: I recently did a fresh install of windows 10 pro after rollback from the windows 11 upgrade failed. After installation I installed windows updates, after which some, but not all websites are inaccessible. I am certain it is an update as I installed windows again after...
  3. Some websites inaccessible after windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some websites inaccessible after windows update.: I recently did a fresh install of windows 10 pro after rollback from the windows 11 upgrade failed. After installation I installed windows updates, after which some, but not all websites are inaccessible. I am certain it is an update as I installed windows again after...
  4. Some websites inaccessible after windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Sound gone entirely after update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound gone entirely after update.: After the latest update my sound is completely gone. Microphone and sound both. It seems to be drivers issue because I can see the drivers installed but applications do not recognize any devices. I tried all suggestions from google and reddit, anyone experiencing the same...
  6. No sound on some websites

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound on some websites: I'm on Windows 10.0.17763 Build 17763. Some websites (Twitter and Duolingo) do not play sound through my speakers. Actually somehow 50% of the videos on Twitter play sound. Other sites play audio fine, and all other apps play sound fine. This is a cross-browser issue (I've...
  7. Help! Recent MS Update changed mouse display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help! Recent MS Update changed mouse display: I need help. Last night my computer installed 80 KB updates. So, when I turned on the computer today, I noticed a sudden significant brightness with my Logitech mouse pointer. [The mouse software was not updated.] I have visual light sensitivity to LEDs and this I can say...
  8. Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test.: I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows due to a new hard drive. One of the ongoing problems I've had since then is sound not playing on certain videos. This is Windows 10 on a desktop computer, and I'm using the built-in sound from the motherboard. (I also have an nVidia...
  9. Display stuttering after recent update

Display stuttering after recent update: Ever since the most recent update my computer has been stuttering, it happens on everything, watching a video, playing a game, moving my cursor. There seems to be no problems with my audio. I updated all of my drivers and ive been on support chats for hours. A technician told...
  10. No sounds on certain apps after windows update

No sounds on certain apps after windows update: I got no sounds on a few apps like Autohotkey (SoundBeep for example), CheatEngine, PrtScr, and even Troubleshoot sound doesn't make any sound too. But all else work fine, like Google Chrome, Discord, Helium Music Manager, KMPlayer... Those apps sound fine before i...