Windows 10: sound and speech

Discus and support sound and speech in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why want my speech and sound work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-and-speech/6cd7e4d7-3122-41f4-8eb6-a2da6b8ceab5 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LAKELYNCOLLINS, Feb 6, 2019.

1. sound and speech

why want my speech and sound work

:)

LAKELYNCOLLINS, Feb 6, 2019

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Feb 6, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound and speech :p

cadaveca, Feb 6, 2019
  4. sound and speech

Disable Sound in speech recognition

We assume you are talking about the beeps from system sounds? If so, go to Control Panel, Sound, and then click the Sounds tab. Drop down the list by Sound scheme and select No Sounds.

<advertisement removed by moderator>

Marty Markoe, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

sound and speech

1. sound and speech - Similar Threads - sound speech

2. Windows 11 speech recognition, error/misrecognition sound causes the speech recognition to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 speech recognition, error/misrecognition sound causes the speech recognition to...: Windows 11 speech recognition, error/misrecognition sound causes the speech recognition to add unnecessary words usually "the". Can I disable this sound? Thanks...
  3. Windows 11 speech recognition, error/misrecognition sound causes the speech recognition to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 speech recognition, error/misrecognition sound causes the speech recognition to...: Windows 11 speech recognition, error/misrecognition sound causes the speech recognition to add unnecessary words usually "the". Can I disable this sound? Thanks...
  4. Speech Recognition Dicionary: Need a Way to backup the words and their sound data that I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech Recognition Dicionary: Need a Way to backup the words and their sound data that I've...: Some programs don't recognize even common words VoiceAttack in this case but I found out that if I add words, even misspelled ones to the speech dictionary, the programs finally recognize them. Obviously, I can write the words down, but I've also recorded every single one of...
  5. Speech Recognition Dicionary: Need a Way to backup the words and their sound data that I've...

Speech Recognition Dicionary: Need a Way to backup the words and their sound data that I've...: Some programs don't recognize even common words VoiceAttack in this case but I found out that if I add words, even misspelled ones to the speech dictionary, the programs finally recognize them. Obviously, I can write the words down, but I've also recorded every single one of...
  6. windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...: I've been using audacity for years. Tried to privacy suggestions. Using a new ASUS Vivobook and latest audacity. How can it record my voice but not the guitar playing along with it?...
  7. windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...

windows 11 trying to use audacity. I can record speech but not the sound of the acoustic...: I've been using audacity for years. Tried to privacy suggestions. Using a new ASUS Vivobook and latest audacity. How can it record my voice but not the guitar playing along with it?...
  8. when playing a video I get no sound it says NO SPEECH

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when playing a video I get no sound it says NO SPEECH: when playing a video I get no sound only NO SPEECH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-a-video-i-get-no-sound-it-says-no/9fa41720-c57a-4782-b619-6485441079b3
  9. My laptop windows 10 can play background music/sound effect, but there's no speech or dialogue.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop windows 10 can play background music/sound effect, but there's no speech or dialogue.: The last thing that I did differently was plugging SteelSeries 7 by 3.5mm jack no installation etcthe next time I use it, my laptop can't play any voice, speech, or dialogue whether it's from web, application, or games. It, however, able to play background sound instrument,...
  10. Is the sound on video on the Camera app in Windows 10 codified for speech?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is the sound on video on the Camera app in Windows 10 codified for speech?: When trying to record music using the Camera app on Windows 10, using either the built-in microphone or a USB microphone, the sound of a long note is truncated. It is as if the app is codified for speech. Is there any way to allow me to record the sound the microphone hears?...