Windows 10: Sound and USB drivers do not work anymore

Discus and support Sound and USB drivers do not work anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good morning, My laptop (HP Pavillon laptop 14 and Windows 10 21H1 build 19043.1110) had yesterday some error in using Zoom (I do not know if this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yacun Kao, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Yacun Kao Win User

Sound and USB drivers do not work anymore

Good morning, My laptop (HP Pavillon laptop 14 and Windows 10 21H1 build 19043.1110) had yesterday some error in using Zoom (I do not know if this is linked to today's issue). Then by relaunching today my laptop, I could see that the audio driver is disabled with UNKNOWN audio device (not the realtek as this is not detected anymore. The driver windows repair software does not seem to work as it runs without any results or progress. Now my USB mouse is not detected anymore. I tried to restart the laptop to no avail (by the way the laptop now takes a long time to restart). Do you have any ideas? Thank you so much for your kind help. Kind regards, Yacun

:)

Yacun Kao, Aug 9, 2021

2. Sound drivers not working.

Hi Josh,

I suggest you follow the given steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Click on the drop down arrow beside Check Device Manager for different options to troubleshoot.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Sound doesn't work - but driver won't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would suggest you to go to the device manager and check if the sound drivers are installed. If installed please update the drivers and check.

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager, expand “sound, video and game controllers”
      and check if any sound drivers are installed.

• If yes, right click on the driver and hit update.
    Or else go the manufacturer website and install the latest driver.

Step 2: Also run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Aug 9, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Sound and USB drivers do not work anymore - Similar Threads - Sound USB drivers

2. USB randomly not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly not working anymore: Hi,I have a FIFINE USB mic that stopped working on my PC. It caused games to lag when plugged in. When I first noticed the issue it crashed a game I was playing then I found out the USB mic was causing issues. I tried everything I could find to do to fix it on google/help...
  3. USB randomly not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB randomly not working anymore: Hi,I have a FIFINE USB mic that stopped working on my PC. It caused games to lag when plugged in. When I first noticed the issue it crashed a game I was playing then I found out the USB mic was causing issues. I tried everything I could find to do to fix it on google/help...
  4. USB Ports are not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports are not working anymore: Hello there,happy new year to everyone : . I would need the combined knowledge of all. My girlfriend got a 8 years old PC from Lenovo. Modell number:10DD0021GE.Running OS: Win10.Tower PC so no Touchpad or anything else. I recommend her to update all the drivers with the...
  5. USB Ports are not working anymore

USB Ports are not working anymore: Hello there,happy new year to everyone : . I would need the combined knowledge of all. My girlfriend got a 8 years old PC from Lenovo. Modell number:10DD0021GE.Running OS: Win10.Tower PC so no Touchpad or anything else. I recommend her to update all the drivers with the...
  6. USB Ports are not working anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Touch and Sound drivers do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch and Sound drivers do not work: I just bought tesla 2 w8 notebook computer.After installing new windows my sound and touch drivers do not work.The funny thing is the touch works in bois set up.I have tried updating from device manager, windows update and drivers online but nothing.Please help...
  8. Touch and Sound drivers do not work

Touch and Sound drivers do not work: I just bought tesla 2 w8 notebook computer.After installing new windows my sound and touch drivers do not work.The funny thing is the touch works in bois set up.I have tried updating from device manager, windows update and drivers online but nothing.Please help...
  9. The driver for ACR1252U USB NFC Reader does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The driver for ACR1252U USB NFC Reader does not work anymore: Hi.After quite a long time of having the drivers installed OK and the Smart card device properly listed in the Device manager, yesterday all of a sudden they were not there anymore. We are doing some software development work for this scanner which is hard and confusing in...
  10. Usb sound driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb sound driver issue: Hi, I have a soundblaster Katana and g6 plugged in via usb to a usb hub. Alot of the time when i boot the pc there is no sound except generic windows noises. Every time i have to troubleshoot the device and reinstall the current driver and reboot the pc for sound to come...