Windows 10: sound/audio issue when plugging in both external speakers and monitor display

Discus and support sound/audio issue when plugging in both external speakers and monitor display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; said above having those two things plugged in along with all of its cords: speakers only have one audio jack plugged into the headphone area, monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sophiebeanzee, Mar 26, 2021.

1. sound/audio issue when plugging in both external speakers and monitor display

said above having those two things plugged in along with all of its cords: speakers only have one audio jack plugged into the headphone area, monitor has hdmi cord and usb cord both plugged into those areas and the only other cord plugged in is my charger which I highly doubt that is apart of the issue. I've made sure all drivers to all of these things including my sound system driver Is up to date and I do this everytime its plugged in or I get a notification on my laptop; notification center. Its beginning to be frustrating because this has been an issue since consistently using both monitor and speakers since Oct, of '20 last year and It seemed to has gotten even worse after the big windows10 update earlier this yr, and I beleive others were having issues of things after this update. Note to MS: please have a response to this either a solution or temp solution or even just letting me know you've read this because Ive posted on the help forum and I've now posted in the feedback app of MS on windows and have gotten nothing onedrive link to evidence imgs/ss's

:)

sophiebeanzee, Mar 26, 2021

2. external sound lost

I have been trying your suggestion. Unplugged device (speakers) and plugged back in. A pop-up window read "you just plugged a device into the audio jack". reads Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Checked the ^ and it lists 2 things: Speaker/ Headphones which when clicked no sound at all. The other is Dell S2415H (Intel(R) Display Audio) which seems to be the monitor speaker. Not much sound comes through even at 90 setting.

I believe what I did was went to settings. Clicked on devices. went to Audio and not knowing the ramifications removed the "external speakers" which I have no idea what they were listed as.

RobertCarlyle1, Mar 26, 2021
  3. How To Change Monitor Audio To Motherboard Audio

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Do you want to use your external speakers for the audio instead of the monitor speakers?
    2. Are you hearing the audio both from your external speakers and the monitor speakers?

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps to change the playback device and check if this helps.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your Sound System Device that you want to hear the audio from > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Hoggy_98 Win User

sound/audio issue when plugging in both external speakers and monitor display

Sound issue - no audio until I pull out and replug in the external speakers

I've spent considerable time trying to debug a recurring sound issue on a new HP Windows 10 computer. I have installed the latest audio drivers and even contacted HP but continue to have this problem.

Here's the issue. I have external Bose speakers plugged into the audio jack. From time to time, I won't get any sound from them. If I pull out the speaker connection, the installed speaker sound starts to work and then I simply reinsert the external speaker
    plug to get them working. I have read about intermittent popping sounds and issues with Windows 10. I get a popping sound and it seems it's just before the sound stops working. While I am listening to audio - after I get the speakers working - it won't drop
    out. The audio will work fine. I've also tried restarting audio services and tried just about every other thing I came across on the Windows support page.

But I have not come across anyone experiencing this issue where the sound will simply restart if you just unplug and replug the speaker jack. It's not a big deal, but it is annoying.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Hoggy_98, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

sound/audio issue when plugging in both external speakers and monitor display

1. sound/audio issue when plugging in both external speakers and monitor display - Similar Threads - sound audio issue

2. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external speakers but no sound from monitors: My external speakers but no sound from monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-but-no-sound-from-monitors/c4ad7ded-1642-4080-bee5-cd36ee3bc473
  3. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external speakers but no sound from monitors: My external speakers but no sound from monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-but-no-sound-from-monitors/c4ad7ded-1642-4080-bee5-cd36ee3bc473
  4. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issue with audio output external speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  6. Issue with audio output external speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  7. Audio Issues "No speakers or headphones plugged in."

Audio Issues "No speakers or headphones plugged in.": Hello everyone, 2019 iMac 21.5 windows bootcamp my audio isn't working and whenever I hover over it, it says "No speakers or headphones plugged in." But I have my headphones plugged in and it says that all of my PC's built in speakers all unplugged, but they're all plugged...
  8. no sound external speakers

no sound external speakers: Hiall Gary here, No sound on speakers they work, have checked everywhere volume not muted, troubleshoot says unplugged its not, have uninstalled and reinstalled still nothing any suggestions. Was working week ago stopped for about 5 hours then was working couple days later...
  9. Issue with External Speakers/sound

Issue with External Speakers/sound: I updated Windows 10 today and lost the External speakers and sound on my desktop computer. I have plugged in and unplugged in my external speakers and the computer does not recognize them. Everything was working prior to the Windows 10 update. Any suggests on how to fix?...
  10. Speaker/Headphone RealtekR Audio is displayed even when headphone is not plugged in and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker/Headphone RealtekR Audio is displayed even when headphone is not plugged in and...: Recently my computer always displays "Speaker/Headphone RealtekR Audio" even when my headphone is not plugged in. When I try to do so, the sound still comes out of the computer not the headphone. Anyone knows how to fix this case?...