Windows 10: Sound (Audio) not working for you tube

Discus and support Sound (Audio) not working for you tube in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried running the troubleshooter so i can hear you tube videos but it didnt solve the problem. I have a laptop and the 1904 version. I dont know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lynnetopping, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Sound (Audio) not working for you tube

I tried running the troubleshooter so i can hear you tube videos but it didnt solve the problem. I have a laptop and the 1904 version. I dont know what else to do.

:)

lynnetopping, Sep 14, 2019

2. Sound/audio not working on windows 10

Since Windows 10 I've had the following problem's.

• iPhone movies that I load into my PC run the video only. No audio
    • Sound is intermittent depending on the source
    • Some You Tube videos have decent audio some are barley legible.
    • internet News videos are not always legible depend in on the source.
    I have downloaded driver many times with only marginable improvement. The sound still is lousy.

Genio corrieri, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Sound and You Tube do not work with Windows 10

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Which browser are you using to play YouTube videos?
    Let’s try simple methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

I suggest you to uninstall the sound driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and outputs to expand, right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.
    • Once you are done uninstalling the restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.
    If the still persist, I would recommend you to update the sound driver. Follow the above steps and skip step 2, click on
    Audio input and outputs to expand and click on update.

If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And also visit the below link for No sound in Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

For the issue with display try the below Method.

Method 4.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you install the driver restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

If the issue still persist after updating the display driver, I would recommend you to install the display driver from computer manufacturer website. You can also follow the above method 3.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Sound (Audio) not working for you tube

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Sound (Audio) not working for you tube

1. Sound (Audio) not working for you tube - Similar Threads - Sound Audio working

2. you tube problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you tube problem: you tube problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-tube-problem/232796ad-2d86-4620-b099-2f49ef420de8
  3. you tube problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you tube problem: you tube problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-tube-problem/232796ad-2d86-4620-b099-2f49ef420de8
  4. Audio in you tube threw Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio in you tube threw Edge: I just want to let everybody know and be warned i was listening to a video on you tube threw Chrome and all of a sudden the audio just stopped now i went Into Chrome and tried there i get Audio there i have a Logitech 7.1 surround sound headset for gaming and they are wired...
  5. Audio in you tube threw Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio in you tube threw Edge: I just want to let everybody know and be warned i was listening to a video on you tube threw Chrome and all of a sudden the audio just stopped now i went Into Chrome and tried there i get Audio there i have a Logitech 7.1 surround sound headset for gaming and they are wired...
  6. you tube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    you tube: [ATTACH]when I share on you tube and e mail to me i never receive the e mail or when I save where does it go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-tube/0377ec03-33aa-498c-85eb-4de001e5c78f
  7. Computer and You Tube

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer and You Tube: My computer has been blocked and I cannot post on you tube. Does anyone know how to correct this. Google will not reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-and-you-tube/63a462be-e5ae-4dda-83c4-e38d0dad47a9
  8. No Sound In Many You Tube Videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound In Many You Tube Videos: This is driving me nuts. On many You Tube videos I cannot get any audio. Not all. Many work fine. I've tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox with the videos, and none of them play sound. I have Flash installed and enable in the browsers (My understanding is that Edge has Flash...
  9. You Tube video sound

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You Tube video sound: My new Windows 10 computer does not play You Tube videos correctly- the sound is off, and I can only view the video - the sound is not in sync. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-tube-video-sound/ce20bc95-0b4d-4f08-af70-71a84e4c0ceb
  10. You Tube audio to blank CD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    You Tube audio to blank CD: I need to get a You Tube audio (song) from youtube to a blank CD. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-tube-audio-to-blank-cd/5b5c4baa-c15b-438a-92d4-d26f1cf88270"