Windows 10: sound automatically turns on momentarily

Discus and support sound automatically turns on momentarily in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; At random moments the sound turns itself on for a moment or two then stops. Setting for computer sounds is off. HP desktop, Windows 10, IE11 & Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by klaro 1590, Dec 7, 2019.

1. sound automatically turns on momentarily

At random moments the sound turns itself on for a moment or two then stops. Setting for computer sounds is off.

HP desktop, Windows 10, IE11 & Edge browsers

:)

klaro 1590, Dec 7, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound automatically turns on momentarily :p

cadaveca, Dec 7, 2019
  3. no automatic sound at bootup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the sound driver is outdated. Let’s try simple methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps:

Method 2.

I suggest you to update the audio device driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and output and right click on it and
      update the driver.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

sound automatically turns on momentarily

Streaming video, sound adjust automatically

Hi Dannowa12,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why the sound adjusted automatically. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Does this happen only when streaming videos?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

sound automatically turns on momentarily

1. sound automatically turns on momentarily - Similar Threads - sound automatically turns

2. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns off for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  3. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns of for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  4. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns of for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  5. Is there a fix for the media OSD turning the monitor off momentarily?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a fix for the media OSD turning the monitor off momentarily?: I know it's a huge issue and i was able to solve it once by rerolling the title update but my windows updated again and i missed the roll back window... :( Would love any help. submitted by /u/Skylink87 [link] [comments]...
  6. How do I turn off screen saver momentarily?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off screen saver momentarily?: How do I turn off screen saver momentarily? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-screen-saver-momentarily/4ae993a8-bd51-4344-a3fd-0caeb8a5cf09
  7. Sound turns on automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound turns on automatically: I set my sound to muted and when I opened my computer it was on and at 10%. And my computer made a beeping sound but i don't know if that's related. Help pls submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  8. MY laptop sound turn off and the back on automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY laptop sound turn off and the back on automatically: Hi I am New Here so Sorry if this question does not fall into this Catagory I tried to find the sound category but there is non now to the problem, I have Elitebook 8560w and i and using window 10 but laptop speaker turn off and on automatically it like one second its on...
  9. Displays turn black momentarily

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Displays turn black momentarily: My wife's PC, which is about 3-4 years old has been running fine after we upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of months ago. This is a general office-level PC, nothing at all flash other than plenty of RAM - 16gb, with integrated graphics & VGA+DVI monitors. Version is probably...
  10. Displays turn black momentarily

in Windows 10 Support
    Displays turn black momentarily: My wife's PC, which is about 3-4 years old has been running fine after we upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of months ago. This is a general office-level PC, nothing at all flash other than plenty of RAM - 16gb, with integrated graphics & VGA+DVI monitors. Version is probably...