Windows 10: Sound balance changes spontaneously

Discus and support Sound balance changes spontaneously in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am using an HP Omen running Windows 10. Every once in a while the computer will very obviously change the LR stereo balance I think to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ben Concept, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Sound balance changes spontaneously

Hello,

I am using an HP Omen running Windows 10. Every once in a while the computer will very obviously change the LR stereo balance I think to make the right side quieter or louder. It won't change back for a while, maybe 20 minutes, and then revert to its previous volume level. I can change this by going into the audio balancing settings but when it reverts back I have to change it again.

I have enabled/disabled Windows Sonic for Headphones. I have not detected the problem when playing through a mono device, but have detected it through stereo headphones and of course the computer speakers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the audio Realtek drivers. I have disabled audio enhancements that were originally enabled. Some similar issues seem to have been solved by checking a box in the enhancements tab under speaker properties named "Disable all sound effects" but such an enhancements tab is not present on my device.

Thanks so much for any help.

:)

Ben Concept, Jun 30, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound balance changes spontaneously :p

cadaveca, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Audio Balance in Windows 10

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check-

• Click on Start and then control panel.
    • Open the option of Sound and in the tab of
      playback
      click on the windows displaying speakers. This enables the button properties, click on it.
    • This opens new window as Speakers properties, here click on the tab
      Levels.
    • Now click on the button Balance in front of the speaker volume bar.
    • This will open another small window of Balance. Here you may adjust the balance between the left and right speakers as per requirement.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Meghmala – Microsoft Support

MikeLambert57, Jun 30, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound balance changes spontaneously

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Sound balance changes spontaneously

1. Sound balance changes spontaneously - Similar Threads - Sound balance changes

2. Usb sound device not balanced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb sound device not balanced: I am using a headset with a usb connector, it seems that the realtek driver does not work with the usb, the headset will sometimes fall into an unbalanced state with the volume on the left side noticeably louder from 20 - 30% compared with the right side. It will stay there...
  3. Spontaneous Windows 10 Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spontaneous Windows 10 Changes: I have an HP desktop that's 10 mos. old. It's been working great, but yesterday the system changed? I didn't change or updated anything, but yesterday there were changes? Windows 10 start screen is different. The programs I pinned were replaced? It made me me change my...
  4. The balance of the sound level will change automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The balance of the sound level will change automatically: [ATTACH] I'm using two monitors, so my two speakers are far away then general, and my seat is closer to one monitor so I changed the balance of the level to make it feels like the sound is from the middle of two monitors like this:...
  5. Airpods | Windows Sound Balance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods | Windows Sound Balance: Ok, Hello everyone! I connect my airpods to my gaming PC right and when i use them the left airpod is louder than the other and I've gone to settings and it doesn't give me the option to change the left and right audio balance, they move together. I really don't know what...
  6. Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume

Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume: Hello forum, So I have a weird bug that I cannot find anything on the internet for. Like the title says, when changing the volume (either with the keyboard or mouse), the left-right channels change with it. It's really odd, and it's happened in the past, but I don't know...
  7. Spontaneous Theme Change (revisited)

Spontaneous Theme Change (revisited): There is a thread with this subject from 2017 that is locked, but not resolved. I have the same problem. Windows 10 is changing my theme spontaneously, particularly the window background color. Nothing else noticeable changes. So far, I believe it happens when I sign in...
  8. Spontaneous Volume Change

Spontaneous Volume Change: Occasionally my volume will change on its own. The volume control popup appears and volume goes up or down, sometimes to a painful result, however usually just annoying (volume down is more typical than volume up). I believe I know the cause. My laptop uses a Realtek Audio...
  9. Spontaneous Theme Change

Spontaneous Theme Change: Over the last few months, Windows 10 has been creating a new unsaved theme and making it current, overriding my preferred theme. I can switch back to my preferred theme and delete the spontaneously-created one, but it's really annoying as it sometimes happens several times...
  10. Windows Sound Balance

Windows Sound Balance: I have been messing around with the sound balance for the left & right channels in Realtek HD Audio & I was wondering how do you set it back to default. Do I just set the sound levels in the channels even again or is there a default button I'm missing. Thanks, Randy 44812