Windows 10: Sound bar is frozen - does not work

Discus and support Sound bar is frozen - does not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI - my sound icon stop working?!? The icon is there but I cannot change the volume of sound on my laptop anymore. It is at one setting and is frozen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarenButcher1, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Sound bar is frozen - does not work

HI - my sound icon stop working?!? The icon is there but I cannot change the volume of sound on my laptop anymore. It is at one setting and is frozen at that setting - so frustrating!! I did a check and it says my driver is updated and everything looks good BUT IT STILL DOESN'T WORK..........KAREN

:)

KarenButcher1, Nov 22, 2020

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Sound Bar Needed

Sound bars have there place. Not every wall can handle a full system. They do a pretty good job at separation now. Its just not cheap. Curious what BumbleBee might suggest

Jetster, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Sound bar is frozen - does not work

Sound Bar Needed

That one has rear speakers also. I swear that bar alone sounded like it was all around me.

FYI I aint arguing. I'm just trying to educate myself. What would you suggest?

TheMailMan78, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Sound bar is frozen - does not work

1. Sound bar is frozen - does not work - Similar Threads - Sound bar frozen

2. Sound does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound does not work: I have a problem with my sound, it shows a red x after I updated Windows. It says No audio output installed and I tried to install it, but it says A device connected to the system is not working. She says the speaker setup is unknown. I just plug my headphones in there and...
  3. Sound does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound does not work: I have a problem with my sound, it shows a red x after I updated Windows. It says No audio output installed and I tried to install it, but it says A device connected to the system is not working. She says the speaker setup is unknown. I just plug my headphones in there and...
  4. is the task bar frozen ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is the task bar frozen ?: my task bar is not working im not able to open any file , the cursor is in reloading mode when i move it on to the task bar , windows button ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-task-bar-frozen/cf3a5426-a7ca-4c40-9e5d-d2b613d3fd5c
  5. is the task bar frozen ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is the task bar frozen ?: my task bar is not working im not able to open any file , the cursor is in reloading mode when i move it on to the task bar , windows button ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-task-bar-frozen/cf3a5426-a7ca-4c40-9e5d-d2b613d3fd5c
  6. is the task bar frozen ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Sound does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound does not work: My laptop cannot play audio anymore It says it can't detect the audio device. 1. I already used Device Manager to uninstall or update the drivers 2. I already restarted my computer multiple times 3. I already used the Windows Troubleshooting thing, and it says: Issues...
  8. Windows 10 Search Bar Frozen and Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Search Bar Frozen and Not Working: Does anyone know how to solve an issue where my Windows search bar will freeze and close upon clicking on it? Already updated and restarted my computer and don't know what to do. Any tips? It just doesn’t let me type anything in it, and it is just completely unresponsive....
  9. frozen task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    frozen task bar: I can't access/see the task bar (that runs along the bottom of my windows screen) and therefore launch anything from it - including settings, applications, etc. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-task-bar/49d12a7f-01c2-4033-afe7-91e856207458
  10. TASK BAR FROZEN , WINDOWS ICON FROZEN , ALT+TAB not working anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TASK BAR FROZEN , WINDOWS ICON FROZEN , ALT+TAB not working anymore: So it's been 2 days of me searching to solve this issue. I started my pc and once it opened up my task bar had no applications attached to it anymore and it was completely "frozen" cannot l/r click it anymore. Windows icon is frozen to as well as the other icons in the...