Windows 10: Sound bar that won't go away.

Discus and support Sound bar that won't go away. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Several months ago I ran an update and ended up with a sound bar on the top left and middle of my screen. For months, I have been unplugging my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JanePoole1, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Sound bar that won't go away.

Several months ago I ran an update and ended up with a sound bar on the top left and middle of my screen. For months, I have been unplugging my mouse and keyboard as I restart my machine and magically this has worked, however, now it doesn't. I am not computer savvy, however, I still need a solution. I hoped that new updates would correct the problem but that has not been the case. Quite frankly, I find this ridiculous and don't believe that it is unreasonable to expect windows to fix a problem their update created.

:)

JanePoole1, Apr 29, 2020

2. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Sound Bar Needed

Sound bars have there place. Not every wall can handle a full system. They do a pretty good job at separation now. Its just not cheap. Curious what BumbleBee might suggest

Jetster, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Sound bar that won't go away.

Sound Bar Needed

That one has rear speakers also. I swear that bar alone sounded like it was all around me.

FYI I aint arguing. I'm just trying to educate myself. What would you suggest?

TheMailMan78, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Sound bar that won't go away.

1. Sound bar that won't go away. - Similar Threads - Sound bar won't

2. sounds was go away again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sounds was go away again: sounds was go away again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-was-go-away-again/8abe2a30-3677-4779-9b86-226e3951dfd9
  3. sounds was go away again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sounds was go away again: sounds was go away again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-was-go-away-again/8abe2a30-3677-4779-9b86-226e3951dfd9
  4. Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.: I've tried everything: folder settings menu settings missing, registry editing doesn't do anything, restarted explorer.exe a million times. EIther picture 1 or picture 2 is the result. I've recently updated Windows so I'm suspecting that may be the issue. Has anyone...
  5. Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer menu bar won't go away.: I've tried everything: folder settings menu settings missing, registry editing doesn't do anything, restarted explorer.exe a million times. EIther picture 1 or picture 2 is the result. I've recently updated Windows so I'm suspecting that may be the issue. Has anyone...
  6. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  7. Vertical light bar - won't go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vertical light bar - won't go away: I have a vertical light bar on my desk top and it stays on top of every page I open up. The slide is full on all the time and I can't move its position. Any idea how I can get rid of it? Thank you! Chicki...
  8. Media bar will not go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media bar will not go away: Hello, I've been trying to watch movies on my laptop but the gigantic media bar which shows volume and what you're playing next to it will not go away. Literally as its starting to fade away, it will immediately come back.It tends to happen during loud scenes which seems to...
  9. Keyboard Clicking Sound Won't Go Away. HEELLLPP!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Clicking Sound Won't Go Away. HEELLLPP!!: I am having a issue with the keyboard sounds. In settings, I have the keyboard clicks turned OFF. But, in some apps and on some websites, the keyboard clicking sound come back on. Help! Thanks, CooperMatthews1...
  10. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...