Windows 10: Sound broke after most recent update

Discus and support Sound broke after most recent update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I saw the lil update thing in the bottom right corner. I updated my pc, and everything was normal, except the audio had a red x instead of being muted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Somethingsillier, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Sound broke after most recent update

I saw the lil update thing in the bottom right corner. I updated my pc, and everything was normal, except the audio had a red x instead of being muted or on. Clicking it opened the troubleshooter, which was worthless. I tried updating my drivers, it says they are up to date. I tried rolling back drivers, but it doesn't say it has any drivers to roll back to. This isn't a problem with headphones/headsets, both sets of headphones (including bluetooth mode) Will not be recognized. When connecting my headphones with bluetooth, it will connect, but the volume will stay the same, with a little x.

Picture of weird volume thing: https://imgur.com/a/dBlUa31

submitted by /u/Somethingsillier
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Somethingsillier, Nov 15, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound broke after most recent update :p

cadaveca, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Recent Windows 10 update broke my sound

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Did you check if the speakers are working fine with different system?
    Since you have tried with different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I would suggest you to install the latest sound drivers in a compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Sound broke after most recent update

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Sound broke after most recent update

1. Sound broke after most recent update - Similar Threads - Sound broke recent

2. most recent update broke wireless connections

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    most recent update broke wireless connections: Hello! Since the last update, every time I change wireless networks with my laptop, the wireless adapter can't see any networks. Once I reboot at the new location, it connects just fine. But it means I have to reboot literally every time I open the laptop at home, at work,...
  3. Windows 10's most recent update broke my PC!!

Windows 10's most recent update broke my PC!!: I have had it with Windows 10 and their forced updates...I've always avoided installing the updates that they provide as much as possible because not one of them has ever been useful for me. All they've ever done is slow my PC more than it already is. I constantly turn off...
  4. Weird sound glitch after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird sound glitch after recent update: So after the recent windows 10 update when i play a game any sound that is behind me gets very quiet. I know for a fact that its because of the update because when i reverted the update/did a system restore it was back to normal and when the update was installed after i shut...
  5. Recent update broke my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update broke my laptop?: So, I have an Acer Aspire F-15 laptop on Windows 10 that I use for everything. I've had no problems with it at all, and I don't download too many programs that I don't trust. So, the last time I used it, and proceeded to shut it down, it said it needed to update. I didn't...
  6. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...
  7. windows deactivated after most recent update

windows deactivated after most recent update: Windows 10 pro came with my old laptop and i accidentally dropped it and cracked the screen. My friend had a laptop sitting at his house and it was stuck in the bios because the hdd was faulty, so i took it and put my hdd in it. It booted up without any issues and i decided...
  8. windows won't activate after most recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows won't activate after most recent update: i got a brand new computer recently that came with windows 10. i had to reinstall it a few times because of issues i thought were related to the installation (plus the first attempt asked me for a key which i didn't have, the second one didn't). i didn't activate right away....
  9. new update broke, well most things.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new update broke, well most things.: Just got the march 17th update and it broke most of my usb devices. Occulus rift, joysticks, steering wheel etc. basicly anything that needs any power such as leds. usb devices except mouse and keyboard(not sure why) keep turning on and off every few seconds so cant be...
  10. Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound: Hello all. I am running Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I downloaded the free update many weeks ago and it's been running very smoothly until recently. Yesterday, Windows 10 downloaded and installed a new update, after which my PC began running much slower on start-up, and my...