Windows 10: Sound broke after most recent update

Discus and support Sound broke after most recent update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I saw the lil update thing in the bottom right corner. I updated my pc, and everything was normal, except the audio had a red x instead of being muted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Somethingsillier, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Sound broke after most recent update

I saw the lil update thing in the bottom right corner. I updated my pc, and everything was normal, except the audio had a red x instead of being muted or on. Clicking it opened the troubleshooter, which was worthless. I tried updating my drivers, it says they are up to date. I tried rolling back drivers, but it doesn't say it has any drivers to roll back to. This isn't a problem with headphones/headsets, both sets of headphones (including bluetooth mode) Will not be recognized. When connecting my headphones with bluetooth, it will connect, but the volume will stay the same, with a little x.

Picture of weird volume thing: https://imgur.com/a/dBlUa31

submitted by /u/Somethingsillier
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Somethingsillier, Nov 15, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound broke after most recent update :p

cadaveca, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Recent Windows 10 update broke my sound

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Did you check if the speakers are working fine with different system?
    Since you have tried with different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I would suggest you to install the latest sound drivers in a compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Sound broke after most recent update

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Sound broke after most recent update

1. Sound broke after most recent update - Similar Threads - Sound broke recent

2. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  3. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  4. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Most recent windows update completely broke PC

Most recent windows update completely broke PC: The day after i downloaded the most recent windows update from I think the 11th my pc restarted and would not allow me to get to the desktop no matter what, at first it was freezing at lock screen, then it started booting into a black loading screen, then it ended up getting...
  6. Problems after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after most recent update: Firstly, I'm not the most computer savvy, but windows forced an update on me today and things seem very wrong with my computer now. Not even sure which subreddit I should be in for help so I'm trying a few. New update kept taking over, full-screen asking to either update now...
  7. Recent update broke sound in headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent update broke sound in headphones: Hello, I updated win10 about an hour ago, but since the update, i am getting no sound from headphones at all, I am on asus rog 503vm, I tried to reinstall realtek drivers, when that did not work, i tried drivers form ASUS web page, for this model, didt work either, everything...
  8. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  9. most recent update broke wireless connections

most recent update broke wireless connections: Hello! Since the last update, every time I change wireless networks with my laptop, the wireless adapter can't see any networks. Once I reboot at the new location, it connects just fine. But it means I have to reboot literally every time I open the laptop at home, at work,...
  10. Windows 10's most recent update broke my PC!!

Windows 10's most recent update broke my PC!!: I have had it with Windows 10 and their forced updates...I've always avoided installing the updates that they provide as much as possible because not one of them has ever been useful for me. All they've ever done is slow my PC more than it already is. I constantly turn off...