Windows 10: sound buttons not working

Discus and support sound buttons not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My F10, F11 and F12 used to control my sound but have stopped working. I have an apple mac with windows 10 installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RitaKnowles, Sep 24, 2018.

1. sound buttons not working

My F10, F11 and F12 used to control my sound but have stopped working. I have an apple mac with windows 10 installed.

:)

RitaKnowles, Sep 24, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound buttons not working :p

cadaveca, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

sound buttons not working

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

sound buttons not working

1. sound buttons not working - Similar Threads - sound buttons working

2. Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...: Custom Sound Schemes don't work, and neither does the button that allows you to play Sound playback in the Sound applet in the Control Panel. So I am having a rather annoying issue. it is in the title and there is also an imageSound Schemes just literally don't work and so...
  3. Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...: Custom Sound Schemes don't work, and neither does the button that allows you to play Sound playback in the Sound applet in the Control Panel. So I am having a rather annoying issue. it is in the title and there is also an imageSound Schemes just literally don't work and so...
  4. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  5. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  6. Battery and Sound button in taskbar not working when clicked.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery and Sound button in taskbar not working when clicked.: They doesn't respond when clicked on home screen but work when any app is opened.in homescreen when i pressed sound and battery button it shows as clicked but there is nothing . See Screenshot 1but when i open any other app like chrome and click on battery and sound button it...
  7. No arrow button on sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No arrow button on sound.: I can only switch sounds thru Realtek Audio Console. There is no arrow available beside the volume knob even if I inserted a different device which Realtek Audio can detect. Why is this? I've been resetting my drives and goin' to services.msc but doesn't work. Pls help :'(...
  8. Start button and sound doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button and sound doesn't work.: i think it has something to do with the windows 10 update but since yesterday "2020-12-22" my sound has completely stopped working, Whenever i go to Audio devices it shows nothing. And on top of that my windows start button at the bottom left side of my screen has stopped...
  9. Sound Balance Button is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Balance Button is missing: I just bought a new wireless headset, Arctis 7, and the left side is louder than the right side. I can't change the sound balance because the button is missing, despite every other wired device having the option. From everything that I've seen it seems to be an issue specific...
  10. Sound Buttons will not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Buttons will not work: As the title says, my sound buttons do not work. Can someone tell me why, or how to fix it? Thank You! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-buttons-will-not-work/bb5fec9f-04e7-4d53-885b-1237061ad740