Windows 10: Sound cannot play from multiple applications at once

Discus and support Sound cannot play from multiple applications at once in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I'm in a video call of any sort, whether it be Messenger, Houseparty or Zoom, I cannot hear sound from any other application. Example: In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vivian Than, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Sound cannot play from multiple applications at once

When I'm in a video call of any sort, whether it be Messenger, Houseparty or Zoom, I cannot hear sound from any other application.

Example: In Messenger video call, attempting to play Spotify music at the smae time. Sound from video call is priorotised and Spotify has no sound, despite being on the highest volume setting.

I never used to have this problem, and it began before I installed the latest update.

How do I fix this?

Cheers,

:)

Vivian Than, Oct 15, 2020

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 15, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Sound cannot play from multiple applications at once

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound cannot play from multiple applications at once :p

cadaveca, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Sound cannot play from multiple applications at once

1. Sound cannot play from multiple applications at once - Similar Threads - Sound cannot play

2. Windows 11, sound wont play from multiple apps at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, sound wont play from multiple apps at once: I am having an issue where sound is only playing from one application at a time So I cant have music playing while on a game this is a new issue that has popped up within the past couple of days and no attempt I have done to fix the issue has worked. I have changed the...
  3. Windows 11, sound wont play from multiple apps at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, sound wont play from multiple apps at once: I am having an issue where sound is only playing from one application at a time So I cant have music playing while on a game this is a new issue that has popped up within the past couple of days and no attempt I have done to fix the issue has worked. I have changed the...
  4. Cannot Move Multiple Folders at Once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Move Multiple Folders at Once: New Computer. Windows 10. I'll select multiple folders and either try to drag or copy/paste into a new folder within the same drive and it will only take one. On top of that, it takes a very long time. It also will always go from 0% to done and just state that it's...
  5. Cannot Move Multiple Folders at Once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Move Multiple Folders at Once: New Computer. Windows 10. I'll select multiple folders and either try to drag or copy/paste into a new folder within the same drive and it will only take one. On top of that, it takes a very long time. It also will always go from 0% to done and just state that it's...
  6. Cannot Move Multiple Folders at Once

7. Video flickering playing multiple videos at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video flickering playing multiple videos at once: so, when I'm watching one video on one monitor, say a youtube video, then watch another video on twitch on another monitor, I'm getting cross flashing of the videos on each other.I'm sure I'm not explaining it clearly so I've also posted a video of it here....
  8. Video flickering playing multiple videos at once

Video flickering playing multiple videos at once: so, when I'm watching one video on one monitor, say a youtube video, then watch another video on twitch on another monitor, I'm getting cross flashing of the videos on each other.I'm sure I'm not explaining it clearly so I've also posted a video of it here....
  9. Cannot play sounds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot play sounds: Hi, I got some problems, I can't hear Windows sounds, like the Critical Stop Sound. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-play-sounds/3658bc0a-9c57-484e-b870-9b30cb0355f4
  10. How To Play Sound From Multiple Windows At Once? in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Play Sound From Multiple Windows At Once? in Windows 10: I've been having trouble keeping the sound from a game window playing through the desktop when I click outside of the game window. I use OBS studio while streaming games, and any time I need to exit the game window to make adjustments in OBS etc, it mutes the audio from the...