Windows 10: Sound Card Buffer (?) Issue

Discus and support Sound Card Buffer (?) Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a weird issue with my sound card. Whenever it starts playing audio when nothing was playing before, it takes a second before starting up, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kurausukun, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Sound Card Buffer (?) Issue

I have a weird issue with my sound card. Whenever it starts playing audio when nothing was playing before, it takes a second before starting up, then it suddenly plays a very loud popping noise followed by the rest of the audio. Switching to another audio source when the first one is already playing does not cause this to happen. My current theory is that something is going wrong with the audio buffer, and it's playing whatever is in the first little section of the audio all at once, resulting in the extremely loud beep and cut off beginning from my audio. Currently I am avoiding this with a program I wrote that just plays a silent wav file on loop indefinitely. It works for now, but it's not very elegant, and sometimes it needs to be restarted if an application takes exclusive control of the audio card. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

I have two audio drivers at the moment: One that says Intel(R) Display Audio, and one that says Realtek Audio. I am not sure which of them does what, and I'm a bit reluctant to mess around with them.

:)

Kurausukun, Oct 15, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Card Buffer (?) Issue :p

cadaveca, Oct 15, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P

"sound card cannot be found". Does the Device Manager list it, and with an error? Or is it no listed in the Device Manager?
    If its not listed at all, that suggests the BIOS is not detecting it or there is a BIOS error. Windows will not detect it if the BIOS does not.

You can try a BIOS reset and see if that helps, if its not being detected by the BIOS.

fireberd, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Sound Card Buffer (?) Issue

Sound issue while using Youtube

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Is the issue specific to YouTube?
    • Have you installed all pending Sound card and Windows updates?

I suggest you to install all pending Sound card and Windows updates in your PC.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

If the issue persists then refer the link below and follow the steps one by one from the drop down.

Fix sound problems

Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Sound Card Buffer (?) Issue

1. Sound Card Buffer (?) Issue - Similar Threads - Sound Card Buffer

2. Sound card issue not resolved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound card issue not resolved: I am still using Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, IntelR Core i5-3330 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 3.00 GHz, 6.00 GB RAMThis started by having issues with updates repeatedly not being successfully installed. Then I started getting the blue screen of death with error...
  3. Sound card issue not resolved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound card issue not resolved: I am still using Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, IntelR Core i5-3330 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 3.00 GHz, 6.00 GB RAMThis started by having issues with updates repeatedly not being successfully installed. Then I started getting the blue screen of death with error...
  4. Sound card issue not resolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Video Conferencing Buffering Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Conferencing Buffering Issues: When using Teams and Zoom I get buffering issues I can speak for 10 seconds then the screen freezes for a second, then iI can speak/listen again for another 10 seconds and so it repeats itself. I have tried the following:Replacing the broadband hubRe-installing TeamsClearing...
  6. Video Conferencing Buffering Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Conferencing Buffering Issues: When using Teams and Zoom I get buffering issues I can speak for 10 seconds then the screen freezes for a second, then iI can speak/listen again for another 10 seconds and so it repeats itself. I have tried the following:Replacing the broadband hubRe-installing TeamsClearing...
  7. Sound card issue

Sound card issue: I have a ham radio with an internal sound card. The PC sees it in the Device Manager as CODEC under Sound, video, and game controller. This device does not show up under Sound Settings. Where could the problem be?? DEVICE MANAGER [ATTACH] SOUND Settings [ATTACH]...
  8. Sound Card Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Card Issue: every day my cpu shows a red x on my sound icon, stating nothing is connected to my sound card . Which in my case is true. No until the last update to operating system did this start to take place. Everyday I have to trouble shoot the issue, the OS does it's magic and shows...
  9. Sample rate sound card issues

Sample rate sound card issues: Hoping someone can help me love my soundcard and not wanting to replace. Im using Logitech z-5500 5.1 speakers so need onboard dts/dolby encoding. Im using a Creative xfi fatality pro with updated to latest drivers after many times completely wiping driver. My issue is about...
  10. creative sound card issues

creative sound card issues: There has been a known issue with creative sound cards not working after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903. I finally had to remove the sound card and rely on the onboard sound for the time being. When can we expect this problem to be resolved as I would like to use my...