Windows 10: Sound Card missing

Discus and support Sound Card missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I've been looking around and asking tech friends for advice, but no luck so far. I have a Dell G7 gaming laptop, and the other night, had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dragonsuser, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Sound Card missing

Hi there, I've been looking around and asking tech friends for advice, but no luck so far. I have a Dell G7 gaming laptop, and the other night, had a Windows10 update go through. Coincidentally, I no longer have any sound.

I don't recall if and what drivers may be missing, but the primary concern is that the DirectX diagnostic tool shows that I do not have a sound card at all, now. I've tried a few different headphones, but they did not change the results. Sound can come out of connected bluetooth speakers, but that's not a suitable replacement in my case.

If anyone knows of a way to fix this issue, I would be grateful.

:)

Dragonsuser, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Yukikaze Win User

Sound Card Recommendation

Hi guys, I buried this question in another thread of mine where people probably missed it since I didn't get a reply to it.

I am looking for a 5.1 (Or 7.1 if the feature set is better, but I am not planning on a 7.1 speaker setup) sound card (PCI, I don't want to occupy PCI-E slots with it) that will be a few steps above what my DFI DK X58-TH3eH6 offers.

Base the suggestion on a USA price of around 100-120$ or cheaper.

Local suggestions here pointed to the M-AUDIO Revolution 5.1, but I am really not an expert on sound and I could use some pointers. The speaker setup is (probably going to be) the Logitech Z-5500 and the main use of the card will be gaming, music and movies/anime.

Thanks !!!

Yukikaze, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Sound missing after update installation

Hello Dinesh,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
    remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 22, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Sound Card missing

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Card missing :p

cadaveca, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Sound Card missing

1. Sound Card missing - Similar Threads - Sound Card missing

2. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  3. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  4. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound card: Because of recent updates by Microsoft, my soundblaster compatible sound no longer works. What is the reason and what is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/d2ad0a8e-fd0e-4931-af94-5c46e325642e
  6. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Hi! I have an old dell laptop. Is it possible to download ASIO sound card to my laptop? or is there any external sound card or drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-cards/3e8a3888-f755-4f2d-a26e-c1e15f59f37d
  7. Sound Card

Sound Card: Hello, I recently upgraded from windows xp to windows 10 and my sound doesnt work. Then I later found out that my sound card doesn’t support windows 10, I looked online for new ones but I couldn’t find any that supported windows 10. What should I do?...
  8. Sound Card

Sound Card: HI, I have a Razer blade 2019. I am connecting my dj controller that has a built in sound card, windows recognize it and I can use it with the Serato software, but the line in volume meter do not pick up the sound coming from it and I can not use it with OBS. I can hear the...
  9. Notification about missing sound card

Notification about missing sound card: I have a busted chip on my motherboard for the sound card. I am aware that it can't be fixed without much cost, so I'm leaving it. It's a Windows 10 Asus desktop, about 2 years old. But I keep getting a message about a missing sound card. I have turned off all the Win 10...
  10. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Is there a verified sound cards list yet ? Thanks 2414