Windows 10: Sound card no longer detected - like, it's gone

Discus and support Sound card no longer detected - like, it's gone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an old HP desktop from 2012. Obviously, it came with Windows 7, but I took advantage of the free rollout of Windows 10 and upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EgorSayMeow, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Sound card no longer detected - like, it's gone

Hello,

I have an old HP desktop from 2012. Obviously, it came with Windows 7, but I took advantage of the free rollout of Windows 10 and upgraded to that when it was available. It has been buggy lately, so I figured it was time to buy a new computer, but when I looked at my specs, they really weren't that bad so I decided to try to save some money and use the Windows 10 "reset" feature. Everything went pretty well, but I no loner have sound. I have the red x down in the systray and when I go to sound settings, there is no option for sound. It's not there. It says "no output devices found". So, if it WAS there, I think I'd know what to do, but since it isn't, I'm at a loss. I've tried the built in troubleshooters, I poked around the BIOS, unplugged the machine and pressed the power button for 10 seconds to reset the reserve power on the motherboard (not sure that's really a thing, but someone told me to try that.) When I go to device manager, there's nothing listed for sound, so I can't update the driver. Unfortunately, it's been so long since I purchased it that I have no way of knowing what sound card I have. The most I can tell you is it's an HP Pavilion HPE h8qe Series, but HP no longer has my purchase order saved. This is a work computer, so not having sound isn't the WORST thing in the world, but it would be nice to still have the option to procrastinate with the help of YouTube...

Thanks in advance!

:)

EgorSayMeow, Nov 9, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P

"sound card cannot be found". Does the Device Manager list it, and with an error? Or is it no listed in the Device Manager?
    If its not listed at all, that suggests the BIOS is not detecting it or there is a BIOS error. Windows will not detect it if the BIOS does not.

You can try a BIOS reset and see if that helps, if its not being detected by the BIOS.

fireberd, Nov 9, 2018
  3. StefW(2) Win User
    sound card not detected

Hi. I get some C00D... error that says the sound card is not detected. No sound (incoming and outgoing) on calls, cannot play music or radio, can no longer adjust the sound and cannot start videoing either, etc. Anything that has to do with sound ain't working
    no longer.

Has anybody got an idea on what to do? I already tried restart and crash start.

The error is C00D4e84, on Windows Phone 8.1 (lumia)

StefW(2), Nov 9, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Sound card no longer detected - like, it's gone

Headphones sound like they are underwater

Hello,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I request you to try the methods below.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Sound card no longer detected - like, it's gone

1. Sound card no longer detected - like, it's gone - Similar Threads - Sound card longer

2. Sound card not detected

in Cortana
    Sound card not detected: Hi I cannot see my sound card in the device manager, I have tried to run troubleshoots and placed it in the other machine to confirm if it is working and it appears in the different computer, how to make it be seen in my machine?...
  3. Sound card no longer detected, unable to locate in dxdiag/device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound card no longer detected, unable to locate in dxdiag/device manager: Hi I'm unable to locate my sound card anywhere using command prompt;, dxdiag, device manager, and have trawled the internet for help. I've added my BIOS settings below and the Registry log.txt I receive when clicking the audio button on the taskbar has a red cross on it...
  4. Win10 64 Home No Longer Detects Internal Card Reader

Win10 64 Home No Longer Detects Internal Card Reader: 6 Days ago, my internal card reader stopped working. It seems my computer can no longer detect it. It's not in Device Manager. I tried using Troubleshooter, but I have no troubleshooters to use. I tried repair, but that couldn't make nay repairs. My cards work fine in...
  5. Sound card drive not detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound card drive not detected: Hi, since I updated my Windows 10, the sound card drive has been removed and cannot be identified. Please help, the sound card has been deactivated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card-drive-not-detected/3e677c93-51d6-43c7-8c07-f77b85ebd026
  6. No Audio After Update Sound Card Detection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Audio After Update Sound Card Detection: My HP PC had an update today - after the restart it cannot detect a sound card. I have no audio. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-after-update-sound-card-detection/f8853bb4-f9cb-473b-ad92-a2342e69efc4
  7. After an update I had no sound card detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After an update I had no sound card detected: Hello I would like to ask some information about the following issue what I've got yesterday when I installed an update. After a reboot my system didn't recognised the sound card of my device. The installed update was "Intel(R) Corporation - System 08/22/2018 12:00:00 AM...
  8. Windows 10 not detecting sound card properly

Windows 10 not detecting sound card properly: Hi, I have a windows 10 OS installed in a Dell Inspiron 14 laptop. In there, Speakers work fine but microphone is not working at all. I tried all the troubleshooting, i.e, Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, I even refreshed PC but still Microphone is not detected. It...
  9. 2 sound card detected?

2 sound card detected?: So lastly (right around when the anniv. update occured) my sound stopped working on my windows 10 tablet, ive researched it on the web for about a week, reinstalled windows, tried to update the driver but nothing is seems to work. The fact that my tablet is an INSIGNIA...
  10. W10 caused sound to not work, now sound card no longer recognized

W10 caused sound to not work, now sound card no longer recognized: When I first went from W8.1 to W10, everything worked except the sound. Now after several updates, the icon speaker in task bar has an x by it, and when I hover mouse over icon the message states that "no audio output device is installed." When I go to device manager, there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. soundblaster card no longer recognized in w10

2. sound card no longer detected