Windows 10: Sound Card not working after KB4503293 and KB4498523 update

Discus and support Sound Card not working after KB4503293 and KB4498523 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing the KB4503293 update for windows and the KB4498523 security update for windows, my sound blaster x-fi xtremegamer is not working. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatrickEckert, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Sound Card not working after KB4503293 and KB4498523 update

After installing the KB4503293 update for windows and the KB4498523 security update for windows, my sound blaster x-fi xtremegamer is not working. I can only play sound through headphones or through the monitor. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the card as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Is there something wrong with the update? Should I remove it?

:)

PatrickEckert, Jun 12, 2019

2. sound not working

Hello Austin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 12, 2019
  3. Sound not working after an update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below methods:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 12, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Card not working after KB4503293 and KB4498523 update

Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P

"sound card cannot be found". Does the Device Manager list it, and with an error? Or is it no listed in the Device Manager?
    If its not listed at all, that suggests the BIOS is not detecting it or there is a BIOS error. Windows will not detect it if the BIOS does not.

You can try a BIOS reset and see if that helps, if its not being detected by the BIOS.

fireberd, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Sound Card not working after KB4503293 and KB4498523 update

1. Sound Card not working after KB4503293 and KB4498523 update - Similar Threads - Sound Card working

2. No Audio After Update Sound Card Detection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Audio After Update Sound Card Detection: My HP PC had an update today - after the restart it cannot detect a sound card. I have no audio. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-after-update-sound-card-detection/f8853bb4-f9cb-473b-ad92-a2342e69efc4
  3. Windows Update 1903 (KB4503293) Unable to install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Update 1903 (KB4503293) Unable to install: Each time I run Windows update, it downloads the update and then schedules a restart, during the restart it says unable to install updates and rolling back. I've tried all the methods as explained on this page, and nothing works;...
  4. Event Viewer/Custom View Error Message after update KB4503293

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Event Viewer/Custom View Error Message after update KB4503293: An error message is now appearing in Event Viewer/Custom View following update KB4503293. See here: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/06/12/windows-10-event-viewer-error-after-installing-kb4503293-and-kb4503327/ I am not a techie and cannot play around with registry and I a...
  5. (KB4503293) - Error 0x800f081f

(KB4503293) - Error 0x800f081f: Hello, I have been receiving error 0x800f081f when using windows update. The update is: KB4503293 I have done many tutorials online however I cannot find a fix. Microsoft can you please help me? Thank you...
  6. Unable to boot after KB4503293

Unable to boot after KB4503293: Hello, the pc is a Toshiba Qosmio X70 notebook with Windows 10 1903 64 bit, I have no antivirus or other security programs installed, I have never had problems with windows updates until a few days ago after installing the usual updates on reboot the pc got stuck on a black...
  7. 1903 Reserved Storage - gone after KB4503293?

in Windows 10 Support
    1903 Reserved Storage - gone after KB4503293?: Hi guys, I raised the issue (ie: I don't like it!) of the ~7GB reserved storage 'feature' of 1903 in another thread and initially investigated how to disable it. However, I noticed that the reserved space takes up pretty much zero space when creating a backup image file of...
  8. 1903 Reserved Storgae - gone after KB4503293?

in Windows 10 Support
    1903 Reserved Storgae - gone after KB4503293?: Hi guys, I raised the issue (ie: I don't like it!) of the ~7GB reserved storage 'feature' of 1903 in another thread and initially investigated how to disable it. However, I noticed that the reserved space takes up pretty much zero space when creating a backup image file of...
  9. New KB4498523 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 v1903 - May 29

in Windows 10 News
    New KB4498523 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 v1903 - May 29: Servicing stack update for Windows 10, Version 1903: May 29, 2019 Applies to: Windows 10 version 1903 Summary This update makes quality improvements to the servicing stack, which is the component that installs Windows updates. Key changes include: Addresses an issue that...
  10. New KB4498523 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 v1903 - May 24

in Windows 10 News
    New KB4498523 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 v1903 - May 24: Microsoft has released a new servicing stack update KB4498523 for Windows 10 version 1903 to Release Preview ring. See also: Cumulative Update KB4497935 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.145 - May 24 Direct download links for KB4498523 CAB file from Microsoft Update Catalog:...