Windows 10: Sound Card PC recording

Discus and support Sound Card PC recording in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use the Record feature on my PC with a professional editing sound software. Since the latest Windows 10 updates, such as 1909, the software states... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kevinp557, Mar 26, 2020.

1. kevinp557 Win User

Sound Card PC recording

I use the Record feature on my PC with a professional editing sound software.

Since the latest Windows 10 updates, such as 1909, the software states the recording device is not available my soundcard being that device.

I've uninstalled / re-installed the soundcard software & drivers and the issue doesn't change.

There are solutions found online these days are now outdated due to Windows 10 tweaks changing so much the time of this inquiry is March 2020. There are multiple settings one can select in Preferences, but changing those doesn't seem to impact the device issue. I am not a beginner so, all the settings people can recommend in windows audio properties have been tried.

I am wondering if this issue is not just happening to me but to a widespread number of users who record with a advanced sound card.

:)

kevinp557, Mar 26, 2020

2. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 26, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Sound recorder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

You may follow the steps to find Sound recorder

• Type voice recorder in search box
    • You will find the voice recorder
    • If it is not there you can go to windows store and download
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Mar 26, 2020
  4. trigan5 Win User

Sound Card PC recording

Cannot uninstall Free Sound Recorder v10.7.1 Type 32 bit HELP!

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 installed Version number 1903 and I think it is 64 bit. I installed the above program 2 months ago and I want to uninstall it.
    I tried the many suggestions provided here:
    Uninstall and Remove Free Sound Recorder 8.2.3 Step by Step
    except the last suggestion but none of them worked.
    The last suggestion tells you to download a third party uninstaller and tells you to click on a link which I do not know I can trust. I have however tried installing Revo uninstaller 2.1.0 free version and even this program could not uninstall the program. The message is always the same

C\Program Files(86x)\Free Sound Recorder\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

Will installing bitdefender antivirus program get rid of it?
    PLEASE HELP.

trigan5, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Sound Card PC recording

1. Sound Card PC recording - Similar Threads - Sound Card recording

2. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  3. Sound card recording distortion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound card recording distortion: I have been trying to record my piano and voice using my laptop using Audacity recording software and an external desktop microphone. After about 1 min or less, the recording volume shown on the waveform decreases dramatically on it's own. It also sounds very distorted on...
  4. sound card

sound card: Because of recent updates by Microsoft, my soundblaster compatible sound no longer works. What is the reason and what is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/d2ad0a8e-fd0e-4931-af94-5c46e325642e
  5. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Hi! I have an old dell laptop. Is it possible to download ASIO sound card to my laptop? or is there any external sound card or drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-cards/3e8a3888-f755-4f2d-a26e-c1e15f59f37d
  6. Sound Card

Sound Card: HI, I have a Razer blade 2019. I am connecting my dj controller that has a built in sound card, windows recognize it and I can use it with the Serato software, but the line in volume meter do not pick up the sound coming from it and I can not use it with OBS. I can hear the...
  7. sound recorder

sound recorder: hello, I am facing a problem regarding my sound recorder. The recorded sound are played without volume. May I plz find the solution for my problem. Thank you with regards manjar...
  8. Audio recording of PC sounds not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio recording of PC sounds not working properly: Hello, I have an issue with recording my screen while i'm gaming. When i record, the audio sounds muffled and gives a sort of echo, which makes you unable to hear what others are saying in the video. No matter which recording tool i use, i get the same problem. I have no...
  9. Recording sound from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording sound from PC: I wanted to achieve the ability to record sound from my PC in mp3 format. I plan to just use an aux cable from headphone socket into the microphone socket to achieve this. But wondered on the suitable software to use. If I remember rightly sound recording software does not...
  10. Sound Cards

Sound Cards: Is there a verified sound cards list yet ? Thanks 2414