Windows 10: Sound changed!?

Discus and support Sound changed!? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was trying to fix my undected microphone so I clicked troubleshoot. My system told me they found the problem and they "fixed" it. But now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MoeMMLW, May 18, 2020.

1. Sound changed!?

So I was trying to fix my undected microphone so I clicked troubleshoot. My system told me they found the problem and they "fixed" it. But now the sound coming out of my system sounds wayy different. I need it to be changed to the original sound, how do I do that?

submitted by /u/MoeMMLW
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MoeMMLW, May 18, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound changed!? :p

cadaveca, May 18, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, May 18, 2020
  4. Sound changed!?

start up sound not changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The option to change the sound for Windows Logon and Logoff is ideally hidden from the list in Sound Options by default.

However, although not recommended, if you want the option for customization, you can make couple of changes in the registry to enable the option.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

Step 1

Registry modification

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

1. Open the run command, type in regedit and hit
      Enter.
    2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/AppEvents/EventLabels/WindowsLogon.
    3. Open the WindowsLogon folder.
    4. Double click on ExcludefromCPL key.
    5. Change the value from 1 to 0. Click on OK

Step 2

1. Open the Control Panel > Sound > Click on
      Sound tab.
    2. Scroll down and select Windows Logon Entry.
    3. Click Browse to search your computer for a replacement sound.
    4. Shut down the device.
    5. Restart the device and check the status of the issue.

Please keep us updated about the status of the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Sound changed!?

1. Sound changed!? - Similar Threads - Sound changed

2. new sounds in media added, but wont show up when trying to change program sounds to new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new sounds in media added, but wont show up when trying to change program sounds to new...: I want to change all my sounds to the windows 7 sound effects, and so i downloaded mp3 files of the sounds, and I tried putting them all in the media folders, then I went to go change my sounds, but none of the newly imported sounds are there. I noticed that the preset sounds...
  3. new sounds in media added, but wont show up when trying to change program sounds to new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new sounds in media added, but wont show up when trying to change program sounds to new...: I want to change all my sounds to the windows 7 sound effects, and so i downloaded mp3 files of the sounds, and I tried putting them all in the media folders, then I went to go change my sounds, but none of the newly imported sounds are there. I noticed that the preset sounds...
  4. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  5. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  6. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Hello! I really wanted to change the startup sound of my laptop when i turn it on. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello! I really wanted to change the startup sound of my laptop when i turn it on. I...: I followed a tutorial on the web but it did not work. I cleary applied the sound but i think it was for the wrong thing. Heres a link to the tutorial i followed : https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-change-startup-sound/#SnippetTab...
  8. Hello! I really wanted to change the startup sound of my laptop when i turn it on. I...

Hello! I really wanted to change the startup sound of my laptop when i turn it on. I...: I followed a tutorial on the web but it did not work. I cleary applied the sound but i think it was for the wrong thing. Heres a link to the tutorial i followed : https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-change-startup-sound/#SnippetTab...
  9. You cannot even design a platform that ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE SOUND!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You cannot even design a platform that ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE SOUND!: Microsoft has to be the worst company. Microsoft cannot even design a platform that you can turn the sound up and down. Are you kidding me this is a basic function in computing. It's called sound. But apparently that's too difficult for Microsoft to figure out. So now I have...
  10. You cannot even design a platform that ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE SOUND!

You cannot even design a platform that ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE SOUND!: Microsoft has to be the worst company. Microsoft cannot even design a platform that you can turn the sound up and down. Are you kidding me this is a basic function in computing. It's called sound. But apparently that's too difficult for Microsoft to figure out. So now I have...