Windows 10: sound changes from normal to soft

Discus and support sound changes from normal to soft in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new laptop hp pavilion laptop 15-cw1xx. When i watch netflix and youtube or playing a game, the volume changes from normal to soft. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LucasInTrouble, Jun 29, 2020.

1. sound changes from normal to soft

Hi,

I have a new laptop hp pavilion laptop 15-cw1xx. When i watch netflix and youtube or playing a game, the volume changes from normal to soft. When i raise the volume, the sound is normal for a few second and then i drops again. It doesn't changes the volume setting, so when the sound is normal at 50 it gets soft at 50.

I tried to looking into the settings, but i couldn't find the problem. Also i tried to use google but it could not find a good solution.

My laptop has realtekr audio and I don't use external speakers.

thank you for taking the time to read this.

:)

LucasInTrouble, Jun 29, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound changes from normal to soft :p

cadaveca, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Soft creaking sounds coming from inside computer

Intermittently, there will be a sound coming from inside the computer that sounds like a slight creak, not high pitched but sort of like when you step on a wooden floorboard. This usually happens as the system is coming out of load or going into load. I wouldn't be that worried about it normally, but since it hasn't happened before I'm wondering what could be causing it. Could the motherboard or video cards be "warping" from the heat? Could it be the PSU resettling? Is this normal?

Edit: A more akin comparison might be to a car that has just turned off, and the engine makes kind of sporadic ticking noises as it cools off. Just wondering if computers could make this noise as well (but not as loud).

runevirage, Jun 29, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

sound changes from normal to soft

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

sound changes from normal to soft

1. sound changes from normal to soft - Similar Threads - sound changes normal

2. Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.: I used the Win troubleshooter and permitted it to load a new driver while trying to solve a different problem. Immediately it reduced the maximum volume of my speakers toward a whisper. It now says my RealTek speakers are "Microsoft High Definition Audio Device" and I can't...
  3. headphones not sounding normal.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphones not sounding normal.: i have a huawei laptop and when i plug in my headphones it sounds as if it is playing in stereo it is not playing out of my laptop speakers which are labelled as realtek speakers, but when i plug in headphones it sais in the bottom left bar that audio is playing through my...
  4. headphones not sounding normal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones not sounding normal.: i have a huawei laptop and when i plug in my headphones it sounds as if it is playing in stereo it is not playing out of my laptop speakers which are labelled as realtek speakers, but when i plug in headphones it sais in the bottom left bar that audio is playing through my...
  5. headphones not sounding normal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. microphone sound very soft

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone sound very soft: I and a IT tech support have been in every sound setting and tried my Asus headphones and my iphone earphones, but if I talk in the microphone the sound coming out is very soft and my friends can barely hear me in discord discord is not the problem. The headphones are not the...
  7. Change back from backup icon to normal folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change back from backup icon to normal folder?: [ATTACH] I accidently turned my folder "TOM" into this icon, and now I cannot access to the folder. How can can I change it back to the folder icon and access to it normally? Please help....
  8. Sound being changing from being to normal to being very quiet.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound being changing from being to normal to being very quiet.: My HP Laptop which is running the latest version of windows with update 2004, has a problem with its speakers and headphones. When the sound is set to 30 or really any value it will switch between sounding very low and quiet and being louder. This is usually an instant switch...
  9. change from inverted negative colors to normal of websites

in Windows 10 Customization
    change from inverted negative colors to normal of websites: Testing the color choices in personalization, I selected the windows into inverted negative then I changed back to normal light colors but the websites are stuck in negative inverted and it's hard to see pictures... Anyone know how to turn it back to light normal colors......
  10. Is the sound coming from PC normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the sound coming from PC normal?: Bought a new PC during last Christmas, so relatively new, and recently I've started to notice that it would make this whirring noise. I am not sure how it occurs because it will come randomly, and go randomly, or I would restart PC then it would go away. I'm not really sure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp pavilion 15-cw1xx sound problem

2. hp pavilion 15-cw1xx driver